La Transat AG2R La Mondiale Contest

funny, I forgot he had a nom de plume on the forum... can a moderator send us the password?

ellen, the password will either be in one of your email addresses or one of rosemond's. that is how I found the password for desperado. the password was sent to an email address that I rarely use, and it was sent in 2006 by karabrooks.

ellen, the password will either be in one of your email addresses or one of rosemond's. that is how I found the password for desperado. the password was sent to an email address that I rarely use, and it was sent in 2006 by karabrooks.

I don't think we keep really old emails but I will look, thanks for the tip...

I don't think we keep really old emails but I will look, thanks for the tip...

I noted we forgot the password and the site said it will send an email and tell us how to reset the password, so we'll see what happens, maybe we'll get biscuit back on line one of these days!

I'm going to use the same logic for closing the contest as I did for opening it.

The 22:45 position fix puts Agir Recouvremont in the lead, with 670 miles to go. They've logged 165 miles in the last 24 hours. The last position fix for tomorrow will be at 12:45ET. Sometime overnight, and before the first position fix on Saturday morning, the lead boats will be 500 miles from St Barth. With no way to tell exactly when the 500-mile mark is reached, I'm going to close the contest at 18:00ET (6PM ET) on Friday. Get your choices in!

There's a little less than 9 hours left for people to enter the contest.

image.jpg

Before I went to bed Cercle Vert was in 2nd and had the best VMG of the leaders. Clearly the better tack was to stay further south. For a while will be interesting to see as the 5 get closer together

We are missing our sailors: Josh, katva and rosemary :)
They may be smarter to place their bets as the horses get closer to the finish line. This is an interesting challenge great sailors and tactical and strategic decisions it may all come down to the last 50 miles or less.

We've never had a 2nd prize in prior contests, so I want to clarify how the two prizes will be awarded. Given the number of boats and the number of participants, it's possible that only one person, or even nobody, will pick the correct boat.

1st prize will go to the person who picks the winning boat and winning time, as detailed in the rules
2nd prize will go to the person who picks the winning boat, and the second closest time, using the methodology detailed in the rules for the winner.

If only one person picks the winning boat then
2nd prize goes to the person who picked the 2nd place boat and 2nd place finish time, again using the methodology detailed in the rules for the winner.
and so on for the 3rd place boat, etc., if needed.

If nobody picks the winning boat then the above will be repeated using the 2nd place boat, 3rd place boat, etc. as needed.