Transat Ag2r La Mondiale : départ dimanche !

JEK

Senior Insider
Men in little boats race across the Atlantic!

Journal1176.jpg

http://transat.ag2rlamondiale.fr

merci iJEK... the boats should arrive about the same time as the film festival starts so it should be mass chaos!

What's the eta in SB?

Jimmy, historically the winner has crossed the line in as few as 19 days, and as many as 27 days. I expect to be on-island for the finish. Two years ago I was pleased to see the finish take place around Noon, which is so much more convenient than a finish taking place at 02:00.

Jimmy, historically the winner has crossed the line in as few as 19 days, and as many as 27 days. I expect to be on-island for the finish. Two years ago I was pleased to see the finish take place around Noon, which is so much more convenient than a finish taking place at 02:00.

That was so cool that we happened to be all sitting and chillin in Select when the first boats came in that year ....they can have all that Bucket nonsense and hoopla .....this and the West Indies Regatta is where it's at as far as I m concerned .....

And they're off! The race is underway, with the finish in St Barth expected to happen in about 3 weeks.

image.jpg

Here's a video of the start. At 2:15 there is a closeup of what appears to be one of the Guadeloupe boats.

There are 15 entries in this year's race. http://transat.ag2rlamondiale.fr/fr/s06_skippers/s06p01_skippers.php

At present, 5.5 hours in, the boats are still bunched up and are within 2 nautical miles of each other. Skipper Macif has about 1/4 mile lead over Gedimat, with the rest of the fleet not far behind. They'll spend the next two days crossing the Bay of Biscay, then head South for a mark off of La Palma in the Canary Islands. After La Palma, weather and winds will guide the team strategies. They may all take a similar route, or the fleet may split, with some taking a northern route, and some taking a southern route.

Enjoying the updates, Kevin. Keep them coming. This is exciting. Especially compared to the nonsensical Bucket.

There are 15 entries in this year's race. http://transat.ag2rlamondiale.fr/fr/s06_skippers/s06p01_skippers.php

At present, 5.5 hours in, the boats are still bunched up and are within 2 nautical miles of each other. Skipper Macif has about 1/4 mile lead over Gedimat, with the rest of the fleet not far behind. They'll spend the next two days crossing the Bay of Biscay, then head South for a mark off of La Palma in the Canary Islands. After La Palma, weather and winds will guide the team strategies. They may all take a similar route, or the fleet may split, with some taking a northern route, and some taking a southern route.

GEE I wonder if Lena s little crush is running a boat this year....LOL

Women prefer privacy in some matters. Haven't you already gotten in enough trouble by even mentioning this subject 2 years ago? However, if there were a sailor in the race who might be of interest, which there is not, I would have already relayed that information to Wendi. We all know that YOU can't be trusted with certain private and personal information, LOL.