10th St. Barth visit-1/23 to 1/30

Lionsgate

SBH Member
Having completed our 10th trip, to St Barth; we've decided that the sharing of experiences (and vicarious living while not 'on island') is rather beneficial.
Our arrival was delayed into SXM, so had to make the mad scramble, for the last ferry; which we were fortunate, to manage. Thankfully, we had rented the same villa, near Governeur, for the 5th time, so finding it, in the dark, wasn't a problem (although I would caution others who use construction markers, eg brightly colored PVC flex tubing coming out of the ground, that those, eventually, get completed). Postponed our usual Sat evening duties, into Sun/Mon; but grabbing some amazing take-out, from Le Repaire, saved us. Also, met an interesting gentleman, who works the big yachts, and had some stories/insights, to share. Sunday morning starts the morning routine, of driving to the bakery, for amazing quiche/almondine croissants-I always get 2 days worth, to save one trip. We learned that only the bank ATM near Shell Beach accepts our chip card. As this is our first foray, into the Forum, I'll pause there, but more to come...

While it's your first foray into the Forum, please don't let it be your last! Looking forward to the next installment of your trip report, Lionsgate!

Now, that went smoothly. During my morning island rounds (after the Le Petite bakery run, which one should avoid around 0800-0830, if possible, due to the children drop-off across the street-gets rather hectic), I'll garner our rock-lobster, for the evening, from the fisherman's kiosk across from the Pharmacie. Coming, from the Midwest, we savor as much as we can during our stays. Shifted, from boiling to grilling 3 visits ago, and haven't looked back. Several tricks, to opening them and grilling, but easily attainable. We will match that, for a surf/turf entree, with wagyu beef from La Boucherie, in St Jean (I believe) and some delectable side dishes, from Maya's to Go. Attempted to upload a photo of Governeur beach (may be on here twice or not at all, sorry), which people can't fathom why there aren't more beach-goers. Our answer, "because there aren't many"...

Surf 'n turf, SBH style -- very cool! You're off to a great start, but we know there's much more to your trip!

Mmmmm....your surf and turf sounds down right delightful! Keep trying with the beach photo. It's gray and dreary here in Austin; I could use a nice Governeur photo!

kevin2016 1083.jpg
We believe this worked, this time. Dinner at Tamarin restaurant (after hearing the number of satisfied/impressed posts) was tremendous. While we were enjoying our appetizers, a couple, who looked very familiar, walked in and were seated next to us. We were certain this was the couple who sat next to us during a dinner out the year before. Leaned over, to ask-yes, the exact people, 1 year later. Speaks to how small the world is becoming. Tamarin didn't disappoint.

Attachments

• kevin2016 1041.jpg
    kevin2016 1041.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 271
My beach chair usually sits just off to the left of your view. Beautiful picture! Thanks!