La Diamant

LindaP

Senior Insider
Has anyone eaten here recently? Just never hear anything about this place....I see in today's Le News they are having live music on Saturday . Curious.

And the live music is Bruno's group. I had the same thought when I saw the advert - has anyone ever eaten there? Well, I seem to remember Tim giving them a try once.

And the live music is Bruno's group. I had the same thought when I saw the advert - has anyone ever eaten there? Well, I seem to remember Tim giving them a try once.

Actually Kara, Bob, Phyllis and I ate at Le Diamant and it was good but that was years ago and they changed owners since. It's a very nice looking open restaurant with a large dance floor but it's hidden from every day view.

You are so right. How the mind can edit sadness. DebTor will always be with us in spirit. Blessings to Roger.

Amen to that, Kara. Deb was a wonderful part of the forum in its early days!

Re: Le Diamant. We were there that night, as well, and dined at the place a few times when it was first open. It seems to have been on and off over the years. I believe its problem, as Andy noted, is mainly location. This is coupled with the fact that there are so many other interesting restaurants, people have to choose--and Le Diamant doesn't make the cut. Do the locals support it? Having Bruno and his little group of musicians play there may make a difference!

I used to eat there frequently in its first season. Second season, the chef changed, & the place was pretty much empty. Then it closed. Haven't been back since re-opening, but will make a return visit in April

Little known fact . . . the restaurant has a large sub-terraneum (basement?) space that is completely outfitted -- "Studio 54" style -- as a disco club. The restaurant's owner proudly showed it to me one time . . . complete with large bar, flashing colored lights, revolving mirrored ball, & pounding, blasting 70s / 80s club music. Unfortunately, he developed it about 6-7 years ago. Nonetheless, you occasionally can see / hear parties there on Saturday evenings. Disco anyone?

May 2014 Sue and I stopped in for lunch. I ordered le Menu and it has very good - Roasted cod in pastry with a light lemon cream sauce. At least one of the Kitchen staff with chef's toque. We were treated royally. And if I recall correctly, consistent with other comments, there were very few others there. I would go back (especially if the wind was blowing towards the water - not across the etang.)

https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/showthread.php/81837-Lovely-Lunch-Today-Where-are-we

-Peter

We did go to Le Diamant several times in its earlier years and had good experiences. Then it closed for a while. Then it appeared to be a pizza place. Now, I'm not quite sure what it is.

Le iamant is still a restaurant. For my point of view, the best lunch formule : 20 EUROS for a 3 meals for lunch !!!!! Very good cuisine, and nice portions.....