MY NAME IS LUCY BARTON by Elizabeth Strout

amyb

Senior Insider
A quick read albeit a powerful little novel. In few words, Strout delivers so much character development. I loved her OLIVE KITTERIDGE which garnered her a Pulitzer. This book will stay with me a very long time. For those who ever knew poverty, broken hearts, and love of family, love of strangers and other people-just read it.

I JUST finished this (in audiobook format) and it was everything you said it'd be. The dynamic between all her relations (mother, husband, children, siblings) leads up to a perfectly written ending. I was sad it was over. Now...on to the next one.

So happy you enjoyed. Strout has NOW written a sequel to OLIVE KITTERIDGE called OLIVE, AGAIN..you should add this one to your reading list as well. Missy. Trust me.

So happy you enjoyed. Strout has NOW written a sequel to OLIVE KITTERIDGE called OLIVE, AGAIN..you should add this one to your reading list as well. Missy. Trust me.

Unfortunately, OLIVE KITTERIDGE nor OLIVE, AGAIN are not available on my audio book app (Libby, free through my local library), but another of your recommendations, AMY AND ISABELLE, is. So, guess what I'm listening to next? :D