Win Air vs. St. Barth Commuter

I imagine with 6 people you could have chartered a SBC flight for around what a Winair flight would cost for 6 people. There would be no bag issue that way and I suspect they have someone help with the transfer when you charter. Some one else chime in and let me know if this sounds right. I have only chartered with SBC from St. Thomas after getting off a cruise so we simply wen't to the FBO and got on the plane. That price was 1,500 Euro one way and the flight was around 50 minutes. It would be interesting to see the charter price on a 10 minute flight. Maybe Michael could chime in. kr

Charter rate, one way, from SXM to SBH (or SBH to SXM) is 1,000 Euros (must be in transit to avoid paying departure taxes in SXM). In low season, this goes down to 900 euros one way.

Rate valid up to 7 pax. 8th passenger: +100 euros each way, with weight restrictions due to performance of airplane in SBH.

I imagine with 6 people you could have chartered a SBC flight for around what a Winair flight would cost for 6 people.
For the last few years we have had parties of 5-7 people and have chartered with SBC and used a concierge service in SXM. This is the most hassle free way of doing the transfer - somebody meets you at the Transfer desk, gives you your boarding passes and you go through the small security gate. The concierge then gets your checked bags and meets you at the SBC gate and you generally leave as soon as possible once they have all of your bags. It costs a bit more but makes the transfer easy and you get to SBH quicker. I think the SBC planes can take up to 7 passengers.

We have chartered SBC for 9 women, total 1100 euros, no taxes. Have to supply weights and bags total 50 lbs per person.

9 pax on SBC is an exception and with important weight restrictions.

8 pax is possible, also with weight restrictions.

7 pax is the normal amount of passengers on SBC charters.

I did my research on the plane, we supplied all the weights, and are still able to bring up to 50 lbs of luggage pp. Mostly small women:)

We recently flew Winair from Tortola to SXM to SBH. The Winair agent in Tortola could not give us our boarding pass for the Winair SXM to St Barth flight. The system wouldn't let him. When we arrived in St Martin we were able to go to the Transfer desk, get a boarding pass and proceed with carry-ons to the gate. No problem. However, on the return trip we checked in in St. Barths and the Winair agent, once again, could only print our boarding passes for the SBH to SXM portion. When we arrived in St Martin with our carry-on only luggage there were no agents at the Transfer desk so we had to go thru customs. Then there was no one at the Transfer desk after customs so we had to go to the check-in counter upstairs in the airport and start over. We had to get out tickets and go back thru customs. Thankfully we had our previous boarding passes so we didn't have to pay a departure tax. Does anyone know if you can check in online with Winair? That would of helped our situation.