Plane ran off runway?

Rascal

SBH Insider
Drove by the airport this afternoon (sometime around 4 p.m. give or take 45 minutes),
there was a fire truck and emergency responders at the end of the runway towards St. Jean Bay,
and a small, single engine private plane that was off the runway (to the left before the beach).
Looks like the plane ran off the runway, also looked like there was no damage? and no injuries,
but don't know any of the real details.

Don't like to read about this kind of news. One would think this would have been reported or others would have photos? Are you certain it was off the runway?

Fortunately, running off the end does not usually result in serious injuries/death....not going very fast at that point..or shouldn't be. Like the twin in Johns video.....he should have initiated a go around when he wasn't braking by mid point of the runway..in fact, he was not even on the runway at the turnoff to the ramp. Some pilots are hesitant to go-around, they erroneously think that is somehow a failure on their part(pride/ego).

Have no pictures.... But as a teenager on SBH ('70s) I helped push / lift a small plane off the beach back onto the runway. No police, no fire trucks, no ambulances. Just me and some other nice people. Everyone was OK. The plane restarted and taxied back to the depot.

Chas . . . I had a similar experience in '98. With friends on a charter from SJU, the pilot -- in retrospect -- had insufficient SBH landing experience, & we ran off the runway into a volleyball game on the sand. The brawny young male volleyballers laughingly surrounded the plane & lifted / pushed it back onto the runway. We were taxiing to the terminal when emergency vehicles raced past us on their way to the beach.