The saddest day...

Dennis

Senior Insider
My Mother passed away in her sleep last night.

Her health has been in steep decline for the past year.

As soon as Lisa and I landed in IAH at 5:00 AM this morning returning from Santiago, my phone rang with my brother giving me the news as we all waited for the door to open.

The biggest heart I have ever known has stopped.

The saddest day.

So terribly sorry Dennis. i am sure your "taking" her and your dad on the trip was a wonderful feeling for your mom. So sorry.

Dennis, so sorry for your loss. I just know she was dreaming of being along on your trip last night.

Aw, Den, I feel horrible for you. If there's a good part of this, it's 'in her sleep'.

We should all be so fortunate. My thoughts are with you.

So so sorry for your loss Dennis. Echoing what others had said, I'm sure she was thinking of you and passed peacefully.

Oh Dennis, upon reading this post I have to say that my heart hurts for you and Lisa. I am so sorry. Sending hugs.

Deeply felt condolences to you & family, Dennis . . . truly a loss that changes one's life forever. You are blessed to have loving memories.

Thanks for the kind words.

My family takes great comfort that she went to bed with the man she has loved for almost 60 years and passed peacefully next to him and not in a hospital room.

My dad shared a story about a joke she made just before they went to bed that night. I can't share the joke but find it fitting that their last few moments together were spent in laughter.

I am touched by your dad's story...a kind of gift for you at this time. Not many couples make it to sixty nowadays. Sounds like they had a great run!