Need some advice.....

Tex

Hello All! I'm planning a return trip to SBH late this Feb & am looking for a villa for 6-8 people (so 3-4 bedrooms) for a week. Some have been to SBH, while others have not. I'm pretty familiar with the island and think I'd like to stay in the Point Milou area this time. Would you recommend using Homeaway.com, VRBO, a local villa mgt agency or some other venue? Many Thanks!

At this late date I would try all of those you mentioned. Call Wimco first thing and see if they have anything to fit your needs.

You're one month out, essentially a last minute rental. You have two choices, the most labor intensiv, and the fastest. The most labor intensive is for you can work your way through the Homeaway and VRBO listings, following their guidance to ensure a safe and secure transaction, while you find the best possible deal. The fastest is to call one or more of the villa rental agencies, where they have their available inventory at their fingertips, and just cut to the chase. Go with an agency with an on-island presence, whose agents are familiar with their inventory. Start with WIMCO, who owns this site, 800-932-3222. Others to look at might include St Barth Properties, Ici et La, Marla Villas, and Premium Island Vacations.

Kevin and Andy are in agreement -- an agency is your best bet.

Here is the gent I use at WIMCO, give him a ring.

Bill Chittick
Wimco Villas & Hotels
P.O. Box 1461
Newport, R.I. 02840

Direct (+1) 401-236-9019
US/Can 800-932-3222 x1019