Accommodation Suggestions

tomva

SBH Insider
I have come to the realization that I must take a vacation due to working every weekend since April 2014. Burned-Out!

St. Barth friends, I'm seeking suggestions where to stay cheap ... I'll be alone. KatVA won't be able to go and certainly will be missed. My accommodation standards are low.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

If you want something with a little more room - highly recommend Case du Roy - one bedroom villa, great location, VERY reasonably priced. PM me if you have specific questions.

Andy's list is a good one. Add Auberge Terre-Neuve, Auberge de la Petite Anse. If you can abide cold showers then try the Presquile.

Thanks for the good suggestions.

I'm collecting a list of places to stay and comparing them to my limited requirements.

Additionally, I want to go down to St. Barth ASAP, which I assume will make it more difficult to find a place.

Add Normandie and Le Village to your list, Tom. I am sure you will find a place to rest your weary head!

A free car with parking at The Sunset . . . in season . . . could be a great deal -- depending on the rate. I'd like to know what it is.

Sunset offers special pricing from Soleil Caribe. No parking. If that's true, we stay there twice a year and have never had it.

I concur with Eve. Have never been offered a car, only special pricing. Have also never been offered special parking.

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions! He's now all booked. I found a great place on AirBnB, and the host has been super helpful and in touch several times to be sure he's all set. Malacca, Sunset, and other suggestions were all booked solid. I also was lucky to find decent flights/prices, and Winair flights. I checked in with our normal car rental place, Turbe, and as per usual, Emma is a star! She gave me a great price, and treats us like frequent visitors VIPs, and even remembered a small credit on our "account" from a couple of years ago!:cool: I wish I could go!!!! But I did hear a rumor that his travel agent earns an excellent commission, possibly in the form of something from a certain jewelry shop that has a necklace to go with the earings and bracelet I have:up: