Might want to check your American Airlines res....

Chipper

SBH Insider
If you have your flight connecting through Charlotte, you may want to check on it.
Yesterday, I discovered serendipitously that our flight and our daughters flights were changed(rerouted thru MIA) by American Airlines and we arrive in SXM later than originally planned, thus affecting our WinAir flights to SBH, which had to be changed. No notification, just a message was there when I went into my AAdvantage account. Perhaps other cities are affected as well. Fwiw.

That being said.... 11 weeks and counting! :cool:

Keep checking weekly!

They changed my most recent flight from DCA to CLT a couple days out from the trip date and I was checking regularly in the months and weeks before.

If you have your flight connecting through Charlotte, you may want to check on it.
Yesterday, I discovered serendipitously that our flight and our daughters flights were changed(rerouted thru MIA) by American Airlines and we arrive in SXM later than originally planned, thus affect our WinAir flights to SBH, which had to be changed. No notification, just a message was there when I went into my AAdvantage account. Perhaps other cities are affected as well. Fwiw.

That being said.... 11 weeks and counting! :cool:

Chipper, I was notified just yesterday about flight time changes on our AA flights to/from JFK to SXM in April. Make sure you sign up for email and text notifications to stay on top of these changes. I contacted Winair immediately because the time change left us with only about 65 minutes in between flights. Fingers crossed they don't change the schedule again but I'm not holding my breath.

Good advice Bart, wow--a change two days ahead! GMP, I realized yesterday that I had not signed up for the notifications for this trip which I am usually pretty conscientious about doing. All this is a good reminder to stay diligent.

American cancelled our first leg through Phoenix on way to Reno over the holidays 4 hours before departure....rerouted us through Dallas and we arrived 9 hours late....seems since the merger American is favoring their hubs as opposed to USAir hubs....probably why they rerouted you through Miami as opposed to Charlotte.....

American cancelled our first leg through Phoenix on way to Reno over the holidays 4 hours before departure....rerouted us through Dallas and we arrived 9 hours late....seems since the merger American is favoring their hubs as opposed to USAir hubs....probably why they rerouted you through Miami as opposed to Charlotte.....
AA merged with USAIR and USAIR changed its name to AA. So it's really USAIR you are flying. So it's not favoring the old AA hubs.

But on that morning when we were scramblimg to find a way to Reno it the Phoenix connections were way less frequent than in the past....same on the return....favored Dallas.....

Terrible! I had a similar experience about 6 weeks ago -- my AA routing was switched at the last minute from CLT to MIA, but I fortunately got an email notifying me of the change.

By the way, I feel disloyal to AA in saying so ("times are a'changing"), but I've recently found great service with Delta.

we had a great experience flying home this past November on AA. We were pleasantly surprised to find that they changed equipment from the older 757 to a new Airbus 330. Upgraded to first and the pod type seats..great food, individual entertainment units..we wanted to fly a little longer! We often fly to the Caribbean using US air and now AA with no issues. Probably just screwed myself with this testimonial..lol

We signed up long ago for the alerts and have been receiving the changes from American as they happen. It is better to do that than always checking and maybe missing some changes.

On somewhat of a side note and more positive than these last minute changes, is that American looks to be flying direct from Philadelphia to SXM every day through the summer, which is a serious expansion of its "off-season" direct service, which used to only occur on Saturdays in the Spring and Summer.

YIKES!!!
I was notified of a schedule change for one leg of my return a few months ago. American made the flight earlier which results in be a very tight Winair connection in SXM. Given your suggestion, I decided to check and see what my current reservation looked like, as we are leaving in 9 days.:dejection: You guessed it they had changed my departing flight to an earlier time and moved our prime extra space seats 9 rows back and instead of two windows one behind the other , now we had a window and a dreaded middle seat ! Those !!*$%#'s !!!
No notification of any kind, no message just a whole different deal than what I chose last April!!! No extra space window seats left at this time. The only thing that would make me happy would be a free upgrade to first class where there are currently vacant seats.:mad:
Thanks for the heads up! Noël

We had issues with AA/USair merger though out 2015 with our plans. Fortunately, they never changed times but they did change our seats multiple times, even though we also paid for premium seats at the front.

On our return from SXM/CLT we were able to get on the 3pm flight, no issues, but when we tried to get on an earlier flight to RDU "that will be $75 each to put your name on stand by." I thought I was hearing her wrong. It really was just to put our names on the list, and no guarantee to get on the flight. No thanks, it wasn't worth $150 to get home 2 hours early.

We have bought our tickets for this year, and we will be vigilant in keeping up with our flight and seats.