Terrance- We will miss your newsletter!

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
Thanks for sharing your wisdom over the past seven years!

"Sad Stories About Leaving St. Barths"
Terrance%20Rey%20-%20avatar%20portrait.jpg

St. Barth's Goodbyes Are Always The Hardest...

By Terrance Rey

When I was a kid growing up, the saddest song I ever heard on the radio was "Tell Laura I Love Her" by Ray Peterson.

Ever since, leaving anywhere or saying goodbye to a place I love brings back that song to my mind from the depths of my boyhood memories.

So I am sure this New Year will be the saddest time for many people leaving St. Barths like many other departures in the past as every departure from St. Barths has a hint of sadness to it. Many ease the pain by ensuring that they have already a villa for the next year reserved, the deposit paid, and thus knowing exactly when they'll be returning to St. Barths.

Some leave without knowing when they will ever return to St. Barths. LIke the sad story that occurred many years ago when a wife and her husband and their two kids, now adults, after a lovely family vacation on St. Barths, their fifth trip, but due to unfortunate "life circumstances" they were facing upon their return home, knew in her heart that this was quite possibly their last trip to their favorite place on earth. Taxiing down the runway to leave St. Barths on that dreaded morning, she literally shed tears. It was a physical pain in her heart, she wrote explaining to me.

The saddest story I read about a place in St. Barths was about Autour Du Rocher. It was the location of the first disco in St. Barths. Autour Du Rocher burned to the ground in 1991. It was the end of an era in St. Barths as well. There are many pictures of Autour Du Rocher. Below is one such photo found on Instagram, published by rob_b72 and which I republish here for the viewing pleasure of my readers. It is a photo that reminds me of the bygone days of St. Barths of old with partying deep into the late night and wee hours of the morning. The saddest part was that there was always an early morning flight that had to be taken, leaving St. Barths behind until the next time. At least, that was always the hope....

Autour%20Du%20Rocher%20by%20rob_b72.jpg

Photo Source:Instagram
---

Here is what was recently stated on Terrance's blog from a couple of days ago-
Dear reader,

This is our last issue... The end of an era. I have been publishing this newsletter on this AirSXM.eu site since May 2009. After more than six years with a hiatus in 2012 when I was appointed Policy Advisor in the Parliament of St. Maarten, and with the advent of mobile devices and 70% of reader using mobile devices to surf the internet, this website's content management system has become obsolete.

The theme of this last issue is about saying goodbyes with sad stories about leaving St. Barths. It will be sad day for me when I have to give up using the format on this website to promote my newsletter, my AirSXM businesses and my AirSXM websites.

Terrance . . . we'll miss your newsletters. What's the next chapter in your business world? (I can't imagine that we're not going to hear again from you!)

Dear All,

Happy New Year and All the Best Wishes for 2016.
It's January 30th and I can still get that wish in as yet. :)

It's been a very busy season. So busy that I even messed up two of my shared charters due to scheduling oversights. So it is time to upgrade our reservation system. One of my New Year's resolution.

Talking about upgrades.... My webmaster upgraded the www.AirSXM.com website with a Blog section at http://www.airsxm.com/blog/.

The AirStMaarten Newsletter that I faithfully try to publish every month at http://www.airsxm.eu/page.php?page=79 is powered by a Content Management System (CMS) that the www.AirSXM.eu website is built on. But this is an old system built in 2007. It is so old that the only browser I can now use to log into this CMS system and to operate it is Firefox. LOL! :)

Eventhough, I have strong mixed feelings about this decision to stop using this system to publish the monthly AirStMaarten Newsletter using the publishing format found on http://www.airsxm.eu/page.php?page=79, the CMS system is just too cumbersome to use. I have to do everything manually. After eight years of experience, I can operate this CMS even with my eyes closed, I know it so well. But it takes me half a day, usually a Sunday afternoon and well into the late night, to write and publish the AirStMaarten Newsletter in this system, and that is with my eyes open!!! LOL :D

The Wordpress CMS system that powers the AirSXM Blogsite is much more efficient and easier to use, modern and works even on smartphones and tablets. But it comes with a different format and layout. So I will now write articles and publish these online in the AirSXM Blogsite. Naturally, whenever I publish news or an article that is worthy of the reading time of my clients, I will send out my regular email alerts and email newsletters, such as the "AirStMaarten: Destination St. Barths" newsletter.

Ofcourse, from a Searchengine Optimization (SEO) perspective, I won't completely give up on my AirSXM.eu website. So I will continue to publish aviation and private (jet) charter news online at http://www.airsxm.eu/page.php?page=26, where I host the AirStMaarten Newscenter.

So in conclusion, my December 2015 issue published online at http://www.airsxm.eu/page.php?page=163 will indeed be the last issue in that age-old and time-tested format. I will now start publishing blogposts on the AirSXM Blogsite and populate my various sites with newsworthy items relating to travel, aviation, private air charters, St. Maarten and St. Barths, but I will continue to publish the email newsletter sent to clients and subscribers via email whenever I have something of interest for them. Email newsletters up to today, even with the advent of social media, still remains the most effective communication medium from a commercial perspective to promote one's business.

With that last statement, I would like to touch on the issue of spam and commercially-tinted posts (like this one), because when certain posts are published there are always comments as to my or my friends and supporters ulterior motives for posting. There is a very symbiotic relationship between my AirSXM business and the SBHonline forum. So let me be honest and say upfront that indeed that my posts do have an ulterior motive and after 10 years of longevity in this business, I think most of you know what that ulterior motive is. So to those who have found my AirSXM.com website via SBHonline.com and who have benefitted from my service, you're welcome!!!! I do it for you! :triumphant:

So stay tuned for posts, blogs and updates about my AirSXM business and the planned upgrades to the reservation system for 2016 and beyond.

A great and successful year to all!!! :eagerness: