Lookin good today!

MIke R

Senior Insider
Better late than never!

image.jpg

Are you guys fully open? We are thinking of a quick trip somewhere and it seemed like lots of places in the east were only partial open.

Are you guys fully open? We are thinking of a quick trip somewhere and it seemed like lots of places in the east were only partial open.

Not at the moment but by this weekend is looking like it could be a reality for pretty much everyone

Good to hear. We are supposed to warm up considerably again by Friday so we won't be skiing local this weekend.

Well if you choose to come here I think I have a condo available ...very nice and reasonably priced

You are a little far from Pittsburgh just for a weekend don't you think. I bet there are places open closer.

I was just looking at eastern resorts in general to see conditions as we have NOTHING here. Looked like many places had very little. Tremblant was one we were considering and they just had a big storm.

Oh, and we'd fly and do 4-5 days. There's not much worth driving to from Pittsburgh that we haven't done already.

Miker, are you close to Boston?

MB, it's about 2 hours from BOS to Waterville Valley. Manchester, NH (MHT) is about 45 minutes closer, usually a less expensive airport to fly into, and probably a less expensive place to rent a car (go for AWD). If the condo which Mike is referring to is the one that he hooked me up with then it's convenient to the slopes, and comfortable - it worked for us.

Worst start I can ever remember, but it looks like we re righting the ship here....the guns are going round the clock now with cold temps and we re getting a little natural snow every day as well......tomorrow is my first day on the hill with my school kids so I ll get a much better take on how things are up there......I ve never ever had my first day of skiing occur in January....never

George....it was better than I thought it would be and they are aggressively blowing mad snow everywhere.....Mountain was empty today.....great day..warm and sunny ..I would say most of the mountain will be open soon

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg