Jimmy Buffett at BAZ Dec. 26th, 2015

EddyG

SBH Insider
DSC00761.jpg

Jimmy Buffett did not play at BAZ Bar on his birthday, Dec. 25th and will not play on New Year's as he has in the past - he'll be playing in New York for one of the TV specials. But he did stop by on Saturday the 26th to join the band and play several of his great hits. I will be uploading a few to Youtube and will post that link later. More photos later also - a very slow internet connection right now.

DSC00782.jpg

DSC00789.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

DSC00813.jpg

Fun times. Happy belated birthday! MrB will be welcoming in 2016 in Brooklyn. Also on the bill is Huey Lewis and the News.

sorry, passed his "sell by" date....even though he is an icon...let's support the younger muscians and not the businessmen...

sorry, passed his "sell by" date....even though he is an icon...let's support the younger muscians and not the businessmen...

sorry but he gives free concerts in SBH every year, and is an island homeowner who supports various island activities, give the guy a break!

Jimmy Buffett

sorry but he gives free concerts in SBH every year, and is an island homeowner who supports various island activities, give the guy a break!

good point...probably a charitable fellow also...don't mean it as a personal attack on Jimmy who I actually like...just negative on the sorry state of the music business dominated by big business pushing marketing agendas...

your point well taken..

Happy Holidays!

DSC00551.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

As you can see, Jimmy worked only for rose'. And I'm sure the Darian Cunning Band playing with him enjoyedthe experience and exposure.
I still can't finish the video upload, so video links will come later.

good point...probably a charitable fellow also...don't mean it as a personal attack on Jimmy who I actually like...just negative on the sorry state of the music business dominated by big business pushing marketing agendas...

your point well taken..

Happy Holidays!
Mister Buffett is probably one of the most helpful to up and coming musicians offering a chance to break into the market via his Mailboat record label.

Jimmy Buffett

Mister Buffett is probably one of the most helpful to up and coming musicians offering a chance to break into the market via his Mailboat record label.

I'll have to investigate the Mailboat record label and then reply....sorry, but I've been around the block in the business world and a lot of "helping" up and coming musicians, business people, etc. is BS...a lot of it is spin....

JB put on a very good show on NYE. I will post some shots later when I have a chance. He played a new song that he said he wrote while on SBH. The name was Blue Guitar if I'm remembering correctly. I did manage to get a good part of it recorded on my phone. I will try to post it on youtube and provide a link later.

We were able to stream the concert live on Margaritaville.tv. We even managed to stay up for most of it. JB always puts on a good show, and this was no exception.

Phil