THE BOYS IN THE BOAT Daniel James Brown

amyb

Senior Insider
Finished this yesterday as my change of pace book-no pun in tended. Excellent. Saturday it was #1 in the NY Times best sellers in sports article in Section D1.

The story of the rowing crew from the University of Washington that has the strength and the courage and dares to dream of going to the 1936 Olympics to compete in Hitler's Germany! I pulled for these boys from the beginning and the story of the hard lives they lived and how hard they worked were truly inspiring.

I know this is not a new book-but worth mentioning again as the year winds down. I passed it on to my grandsons, in hopes that they learn how blessed they are to live in this country and that they get to enjoy all the opportunities that America and its colleges and universities offers them.

Finished this yesterday as my change of pace book-no pun in tended. Excellent. Saturday it was #1 in the NY Times best sellers in sports article in Section D1.

The story of the rowing crew from the University of Washington that has the strength and the courage and dares to dream of going to the 1936 Olympics to compete in Hitler's Germany! I pulled for these boys from the beginning and the story of the hard lives they lived and how hard they worked were truly inspiring.

I know this is not a new book-but worth mentioning again as the year winds down. I passed it on to my grandsons, in hopes that they learn how blessed they are to live in this country and that they get to enjoy all the opportunities that America and its colleges and universities offers them.

far and above .... my favorite book of 2015. What an inspiring, uplifting story. LOVED every moment of reading this!

It was your write up that got it on my reading list. I am two thirds through CITY ON FIRE and love seeing it all tie together. Just so long and heavy to hold...again, the perfect e book.