SXM Immigration Go Slow Labor Action

What an aggravation for the travelers! I'm curious as to how many missed their connections.

Tim, it's likely that most of those who were delayed had a final destination of SXM. Inter-island passengers, those just transiting SXM would have been a minority. Yet, many must have missed connections, including some traveling to/from SBH.

I've also seen a report of delays caused by an X-ray inspection of arriving luggage, using a machine located after baggage claim and prior to exiting the airport. That's more likely a check for contraband, drugs and weapons, than anything else. The check of arriving luggage appears to be occasional at this point.

We will only have carryon luggage. However, we are spending a few days in St. Maarten before heading over.

We're headed down Wednesday but have scheduled the premium IV service. Based on past experience that should help unless they are slowing down the in transit security checkpoint. Or am I missing something?

I think you should be good, as long as the checkpoint is open. If not, and if Immigration is again doing their 2-lanes-only staffing, then Premium IV's guys may be able to bump you to the front of the Immigration line. Don't worry if they do, the daggers being stared into your back won't hurt a bit. Worst case, Premium IV will know how to get you to SBH as expeditiously as possible.

Premium IV gets the bags and sends them on to the final destination. Therefore there is no reason to go thru SXM immigration. Go to the Transfer desk get boarding pass and then expedited security.

Love Premium IV.... Will continue to use them to avoid a headache. Worth every euro, IMHO.
...We started "adding" the Euros to flying Tradewind....Don't know if I want to go back through SXM anymore......too many nasty people there.

...We started "adding" the Euros to flying Tradewind....Don't know if I want to go back through SXM anymore......too many nasty people there.

30 minutes of hell I tell ya!!!!!....and I hate the fact that you can't get that second Carib finished!....,

Land.....sashay on through intransit with no muss no fuss .....grab a beer....get on the puddle jumper.....done, go get lunch.....sorry you guys are having such a hard time with this but it's really a walk in the park for us

30 minutes of hell I tell ya!!!!!....and I hate the fact that you can't get that second Carib finished!....,

Land.....sashay on through intransit with no muss no fuss .....grab a beer....get on the puddle jumper.....done, go get lunch.....sorry you guys are having such a hard time with this but it's really a walk in the park for us
Ditto

If that's the case, I'd take SB Commuter from Grand Case and avoid Juliana all together...

I agree with Ellen on this. We have flown from Grand Case and it is easier. And, you just might have chickens wandering through the airport. Either way, I keep Premium IV's # in my phone for emergencies.

...last time was a three hour wait in an under construction, noisy, dirty, non airconditioned NO CARIB anywhere to ease the pain...was handed a Heiny and was told it was the same thing by a rude "bartender"...leaving SXM we were first in line to board the bus....large man with an attitude pulled me aside and told me to take off my shoes and sit down..wanted to know where my carry on bag was..told him I don't have one, I checked all my bags.....5 minutes go by and I asked him if he needed anything else...scowled at me "why are you still here?" A-hole.......Enjoy your SXM transit......while you still can. I am getting too old for that crap, and too spoiled travelling in my own plane...just need a bigger plane.