SBH Dress Code 1968

cassidain

Senior Insider
Don't doubt me.

image.jpg
Serge Brin FB

Were wearing. I took a sport coat on our first trip too. May have even worn it one night.

Oh- I see. Well "us" is a collective noun and singular or plural can be used. My choice. Anyway, that group just got off the plane and at least one or 2 look like they are dressed for business.

All people used to dress like that when taking a flight, actually just going to the grocery store was also a fashion event. Even airline flight attendants were dressed in beautiful designer uniforms. Remember when flight attendants were all beautiful and young, on most american overseas flights today, they are all getting so old, in the event of an emergency, I think I would have to aid them in getting out of the plane.

Now, there does not seem to be a dress code to go anywhere except a religious gathering or funeral.

Diana.....my father during his time working for TWA was in customer service management for a few years and part of his job was to go on a transatlantic flight and evaluate the customer service from gate to gate.....and he would often take me along if I was out of school on vacation or it was a long weekend.....and we had to be in jacket and tie the entire time.....we flew first class of course and got treated like royalty as did everyone in that cabin

its a a cattle cart now.....first class is just better cattle cart......but still a cattle cart .

I am happy that there are so many options in clothing.

I am also grateful that senior experienced flight personnel are on board for routine flights and in case of emergencies.

Diana, Flight attendants all have to undergo annual multiple-day recurrent training and testing. No pass, no fly.

Diana, Flight attendants all have to undergo annual multiple-day recurrent training and testing. No pass, no fly.

not sure thats exactly true kevin, remember recently on november 30th, joanne snow flight attendant onboard an overseas flight attacks even the air marshals. the other crew members had requested that Joanne not be allowed to join them at the beginning of the flight because of her behavior and american airlines passed her to fly anyway.

I believe that age discrimination is bad, but there should be a few places that should be exempt from the age laws, airlines should be one and hooters restaurant should be another.

I am not sure how old Joanne Snow is, but she looks at least 70

I am happy that there are so many options in clothing.

I am also grateful that senior experienced flight personnel are on board for routine flights and in case of emergencies.

Ditto!

I can't imagine our flight attendant friend(s) on this forum, who are amazingly beautiful, albeit not as young as they once were, will appreciate reading this thread. I, for one, certainly appreciate their experience more than I appreciate their look and age. But hey...to each their own.

I took a sport coat on our first trip too. May have even worn it one night.

I can't remember if I brought a sports jacket our first trip (1988). Pre-dating that by a couple of years I brought one to Negril, Jamaica on the advice of a friend. After riding on the peoples' bus from MoBay to Negril with group stops for beer and other mind-altering botanicals, it became obvious that I had received ill-conceived advice.

Ditto!

I can't imagine our flight attendant friend(s) on this forum, who are amazingly beautiful, albeit not as young as they once were, will appreciate reading this thread. I, for one, certainly appreciate their experience more than I appreciate their look and age. But hey...to each their own.

I was not speaking about my friend alisa on this site, she may be all of 39 but looks much younger and beautiful to boot. I am speaking about a few that I have seen on my trips from sxm to charlotte. one of the flight attendants was very old and was getting around with a limp. perhaps it was a recent injury, but still did not put me in a comfort zone.

"Us" is not a collective pronoun in this context. Unless you contend that the societal group to which you were referring all did precisely the same thing at the same time.

"Us" is not a collective pronoun in this context. Unless you contend that the societal group to which you were referring all did precisely the same thing at the same time.
Actually "us" is a collective objective pronoun and I used it correctly in my sentence- singular and not plural.