Where Am I #6

KevinS

Senior Insider
Here are photos of 3 "tagged" road signs within about a 2-mile drive. I'll declare a winner for the identification of the location of any one of the 3. There may be similarly tagged signs elsewhere, but these are the 3 that I found. Hippos and Love are in the air...

image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

May be a rhino with a horn too. On the high road heading out of Gustavia to the Arawak

At the intersection of the road coming from Lorient going right towards Saline (Ellen's road).

Kevin, I will have to get down there more often so I can win these contests once in a while.

On the road from Saline, turning left at the 3-way "intersection" going to either St Jean or Gustavia, I believe, is where the Yield "Caution Love Crossing" sign is.

Close enough. I'll take that. It's the 3-way intersection on the way from Saline to Lorient. One of the signs does say Gustavia, but I'm not sure about St Jean.

The top rhino is on a sign in Lurin, going from Santa Fé to Saline, at the 90-degree left just past the driveway to Steve Martin's old villa. The second rhino is on the road from Saline to Lorient, just before the Yield sign with the Love X-ing tag.

Close enough. I'll take that. It's the 3-way intersection on the way from Saline to Lorient. One of the signs does say Gustavia, but I'm not sure about St Jean.

I do think you are correct, Kevikins...Lorient, not St Jean. I was sitting at my desk thinking very intently about this when my boss asked if I was ok. I told him I was, "Just trying to see, in my mind's eye, an intersection that houses a traffic sign with a small rhino stenciled on it on St Barth." To which he replied, "It's time for you to go back."

I agree!

I do think you are correct, Kevikins...Lorient, not St Jean. I was sitting at my desk thinking very intently about this when my boss asked if I was ok. I told him I was, "Just trying to see, in my mind's eye, an intersection that houses a traffic sign with a small rhino stenciled on it on St Barth." To which he replied, "It's time for you to go back."

I agree!

LOL, but then he went back to his office, called HR, and told them that he thinks you need psychiatric help.

Missy knows exactly where to get psychiatric care on SBH. So do I. La Côte Sauvage, with wind on her face, crashing waves in her ears, and a little salt spray in the air.

All that is so very true, y'all. Alas, my boss knows my SBH affliction and does his best to deal with my mood swings in between trips. He keeps the seashells I've brought him back from Shell Beach proudly on his desk. He's a Hawaii-kinda guy - likes the beach, but likes it to be American. I don't judge.

Now that you mention it, Kev....I could sure use a La Côte Sauvage salty spray wash about now. :)