Why would anybody buy this book?

I know from experience that AirSXM can also arrange a full charter. It's been awhile, but I've done it. I also remember that while I chartered from SXM to SBH, I was scheduled to fly back to SXM commercial, on airline A. I was dropping off my rental car when my cellphone rang, with a call from AirSXM. "The pilots for airline A are on strike, and all flights are cancelled. Airline W has 2 seats available on their next departure. Go to the counter and see if you can get them. If not, I can have a charter aircraft there within the hour." Yup, not only full charter, but full service!

. . . I'll confirm your experience, Kevin. AirSXM has delivered unfailing travel experience to me and companions for more years than I can remember.

One of the most memorable times was four years ago . . . after an especially lovely, festive, and happy dinner party around the pool at The Normandie, celebrating my mother's 88th birthday. The next morning departure from SBH to SXM was in the face of heavy rain & wind. WinAir & SBH Commuter flights were delayed, and AirSXM contacted me early in the day to ask if we wanted to join a private charter with another passenger connecting to the same AA flight on which we were scheduled to leave SXM. We did so, and no one on the plane or observing on the tarmac ever will forget the scene!

Getting Mom onto the plane at SBH -- at 88 -- was one thing. In pounding, blowing rain, she was -- bundled in rain gear -- lifted by a couple of young, strong men onto the wing of a small plane and tenderly supported as she walked up the wing to the plane's door. The ride to SXM was very bumpy, but the pilots periodically gave us reassuring smiles & "thumbs-up" signals!

The arrival at SXM, however, was the experience that will live in memory for a long time. The rain had grown in intensity . . . it was unrelenting & pelting. An AirSXM rep came onto the plane and said, "Mrs. Carlton, you're going to have to trust us on this one . . . remember what it was like to sail down a slide as a child? That's what we're going to do with you!" Mom gamely smiled and said, "Make sure that there's someone to catch me at the bottom!" She was helped out of the plane and onto the wing, on which a plastic runner was spread. A rain-soaked, hand-held glide to the tarmac was met with two big guys catching her at the bottom.

When we got inside the terminal and were comfortably seated, awaiting an AA flight -- as everyone was silently catching a breath -- Mom said (Kevin, especially, will appreciate this comment), "I think I'll have a glass of champagne!"

In good weather -- coming & going -- Mom returned to SBH one more time. At 92, however, she's turned-in her passport. She and Marius celebrated together their 90th birthdays and, with hugs, said they'd meet again.

Much is owed to AirSXM for these memories.

Terrance had my back when some dirtbag low life pond scum of a person canceled my SB commuter flight off the island the weekend of the 60th Select thing......I had to sell my soul in order to attend the weekend event there and swear on everything holy I would be home on Monday.......all flights booked leaving til Tuesday........I was looking at staying with Kevin until then and accepting the consequences of my actions back home .....Wendi was on an AirSxm shared charter and offered to give me her seat and stay behind ( she also was pushing her luck coming down that weekend and wasn't even going to come until the last minute...hence the reason we were on different planes ).....but Terrance worked his magic and got me out of there......

We've used Terrance's services and received plenty of cheerful responses to our many questions over the years. An invaluable SBH travel contact to keep in your address book and a great friend.

Terrance has come to the rescue for so many forum contacts. His efforts are appreciated and I wish him continued success.

Hugs

Someone cancelled your reservation??

Yes.....

but.......

I landed on my feet.....didn't miss my connection with it all and I actually came out ahead of the game financially as AMEX refunded me the full amount on my Commuter flight once St Barts Evasion confirmed to them I didn't cancel and they inadvertently took the bogus cancellation, when they shouldn't have, and Terrance only charged me 100 euros for a seat which was 20 euros cheaper than my original flght

karma is a beautiful thing sometimes :cool: