On her way to the Bucket

JoshA

Senior Insider
Wild Horses, a 'Spirit of Tradition' design by Joel White, stopped in Annapolis on the way to the Caribbean for regatta season. Her beautiful lines are a throwback to a different age.

IMG_20151103_141204.jpg

Yes, a very pretty boat and sister to White Wings that also used to be in Saint Barth along with Wild Horses for the season. About the smallest boat in the Bucket, most are 100' and over... but all of the W Class boats are beautiful, there are a few smaller ones as well... W Class - Spirit Of Tradition

I've been following her journey southward. The W class boats are true beauties! There was one (a day boat) at the Annapolis Sailboat Show--- did you see her, Josh? It was one of the main reasons I wanted to go! Here she is under the full moon last week in Annapolis.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 429
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 420
I saw Colt and Philly as well on the other side of Spa Creek from Wild Horses.

IMG_20151030_142004.jpg

A day later I caught them on the Severn.

IMG_20151031_144316.jpg

Nice!!!!!! There's a chance.....a small chance.... That I may make it to the Bucket this year. Here's hoping!!!

In the first Les Voiles, Wild Horses edged the all-female crewed White Wings in what was essentially match racing for them... these 2 W-76's have been listed for about 2.2 million each... a W-37 goes for about 800K new... I have not seen the price for the new W-22 (Colt and Filly) but about 100K was the goal for what was being described as a "starter boat" - at that expected price, the W-22 is probably more accurately considered an exit level boat for those returning to day-sailing and coming down in size to simplify things... The Sakonnet 23, a double-ender with a very similar design to the W-22 from the same designer (the late Joel White - who also designed the W-76) would be a more economical (45K) fiberglass alternative to the W-22 - about 45K from Marshall Marine (best known for their catboats)... Bucket entries so far:

2016SBB.jpg