Global Entry

marybeth

Senior Insider
We finally got around to applying for Global Entry a few weeks ago. Now I'm wondering how long it will take to process. I know a number of forum members have this, anyone recollect how long it takes? Of course, calling them was not helpful

I'm surprised you're not done yet. Check back on the web site to see if you can schedule your interview. Also check your email box again and spam folder to see if you have message from them.

When my son applied last year we did the electronic sign up on Wednesday, he was approved on Friday, and went to do his interview on Monday! And it was MLK Day and they were open! He got his temporary number in 5 days!! We got the official card a week or so later.

A week or two max. Hope you paid for it with an AmEx as you get a credit back.

I'm surprised you're not done yet. Check back on the web site to see if you can schedule your interview. Also check your email box again and spam folder to see if you have message from them.

When my son applied last year we did the electronic sign up on Wednesday, he was approved on Friday, and went to do his interview on Monday! And it was MLK Day and they were open! He got his temporary number in 5 days!! We got the official card a week or so later.

That timing sounds about right. We got ours a couple of years ago, but I recall that we were able to set up the interview on line, and I think the whole process, start to finish, was about 2 weeks. You might want to go back to the website and verify that everything is in order. Another tip; once you have been approved, go back to the website and verify all of your info. You should also do that if/when you make any changes, like a passport renewal.

Phil

We finally got around to applying for Global Entry a few weeks ago. Now I'm wondering how long it will take to process. I know a number of forum members have this, anyone recollect how long it takes? Of course, calling them was not helpful

Did you have your interview yet?

We did the application 8 days ago and are still "Pending Review."
So nothing yet... :confused:

They will "clear" you first so when you have the interview you will have already been vetted. If there is a problem you will be advised.

LOL!

I passed all my clearances numerous times as required by my job. In fact, just had an FBI background check redone about 6 weeks ago.

Might have to have a talk with Randy though...

LOL!

I passed all my clearances numerous times as required by my job. In fact, just had an FBI background check redone about 6 weeks ago.

That Randy and his shenigans.... Ha! Ha! Ha!

LOL!

....I did the same...went through all the security clearances for unlimited access at Sarasota Int'l airport, sent in my application for Global Entry, had my appointment and interview, was asked "what happened in 1974"...referring to a minor bar skirmish and a dismissed charge because of 10 witnesses that said I did not start anything.....The application asks "have you ever been convicted of a crime?" No, charged but not convicted. I told the officer what happened and he went on and gave my my Global entry sticker, took fingerprints and retina scan and 100.00, and said goodbye.....Got a letter two years later revoking my G.E. because I didn't disclose the incident on my application. Give me a break.

When my husband and I went in for our interview we were asked if we wanted to be interviewed together or separately. ????? They explained, there are times when a spouse has no idea the other has a arrested or in some sort of trouble. We just laughed....then I held my breath. Whew! No secrets but oh the stories I could tell about my younger years! BTW, we applied online the same day within 20 minutes of each other and we was approved 3 days before me!

Since my Justice Department days in the early 80s I have had several clearances and have had to add some detail to answer the questions (Yes, but I was only 17! Yes, but not since college and I promise, never again!)

One real point they stress is honesty in answering the questions. A few years ago I lost my copies of the applications with all the detail, like the nine places I lived in college and law school, and was worried I wouldn't get it right. So I filed a Freedom of Information Act request on myself and got everything and more.

Wish we could do it but they don't offer it in Indianapolis. We realize it can be done elsewhere but it is difficult between flights which are unpredictable.

Sounds like we had the same time line, once you have the interview (we did our separately, according to our schedules and neither of use had but a few minute wait) you can hop right on a plane and use it, they asked me if I was traveling that day.