Modern Villa with 2 bedrooms

jbtravel

SBH Member
Dear SBH members,

This April I had the opportunity to spent two beautiful weeks on the island. My partner and I we totally fell in love! Now I want to show this amazing island to my parents.

We are 4 adults and are looking for a modern, open villa with a great view. Travel date is July 2016.

We had a look at the following Villas:

-Hélios which we really like! Does somebody know the villa or situation (Pointe Milou)?
-Mirande
-Kaloo (seems to be very new! Any infos on the view/villa?)
-Royal Palm (nice view, but the decor is not our favorite...)

Do you have any other villa recommendation? Budget would be around USD3500 per week.

Thank you very much for your help!
Josh

Josh,
Don't know if you already know this, but many of the 2, 3, 4, etc bedroom villas can be rented for less than full capacity at a lower rate. So you don't have to just limit your search to a two bedroom villa. You can rent a 3 or 4 bedroom villa and only use (and pay for) 2 bedrooms.

I can't speak specifically for any of the villas listed, but we stayed three or four down from Helios last May. The sunsets are really nice, but without breezes, the afternoon sun made the villa really sweltering. Another concern might be noise. That corner is where the road down to the Hotel Christopher meets the main road on the "pointe". Fair amount of traffic in May. Not sure what July would be like.

Take a look at Villa ANK in Colombier. It is a 3 bedroom but can be rented as a 2 bedroom. One of the bedrooms is in a separate building. Especially nice if traveling with parents. :)

Two bedroom Villa Embruns at Flamands Beach would fit your bill perfectly. My husband and I stayed there in early May and thought it was lovely. Chic, very comfortable and best of all it's a 3 minute walk to Flamands Beach. Check it out at www.stbarth.com and search Embruns. Views are gorgeous being right on the water too!

Exactly one year ago, we were staying at Mirande, which I noticed is on your list. We found it comfortable for two couples. The breeze wasn't particularly strong, so we did have some mosquitos, but we all came through mostly unscathed. It was our fourth trip to the island (first for our traveling companions) and this was the first time we'd stayed close enough to the water to have the pleasure of hearing the waves crashing on the rocks in the cove below. We loved the terrace and the sunset views and found the pool perfect for lounging. I did wish for a table for four on the main terrace area, as the side patio was a little buggy. We spent more time inside than on past trips, since we lost two days to rain, but the villa was comfortable for that, too. It is close to the Christopher, but we were there in offseason so the hotel looked pretty quiet as well. On a couple evenings, we could hear faint music coming from their restaurant and an occasional voice or laugh. The biggest bummer about the proximity to the hotel was that they were doing some construction on a path or driveway and the jackhammers ran most of the day during the week. There are quite a few other villas around so you're not in a totally private area.

I liked Point Milou in general. The morning bakery runs to Lorient weren't too far. We went into Gustavia several times and didn't find the drives to anything on the island to be inconvenient at all.