Kudos to St Barth Commuter

phil62

Senior Insider
As Amy mentioned in a previous post, we had a 2 hour delay in Miami on our way down on AA. The folks at the Admirals Club were great and kept us informed as best they could. I contacted Vincent from PremiumIV and let him know our schedule. He wrote back that we would probably have to make a mad dash to Grand Case to catch the last SBC flight. Upon arrival at SXM, we were informed that SBC had held our flight. When we arrived at gate C3 we were told to relax and wait for the rest of the passengers from our AA flight to arrive, and when they did, off we went.

Big shout out to the Admirals Club at MIA, PremiumIV, and SBC for smoothly handling what could have been a very stressful travel day. This view also helped.

P1050503.JPG

Phil

An excellent outcome to a situation which could have resulted in a night on SXM. :up::up::up: A big Thumbs Up to all!

I would expect nothing less from them...they epitomize good customer service....they have always gone out of their way for us....even putting us on an unscheduled plane that needed to go over for a charter pick up so we didn't have to wait for our flight.....because of them our time on SXM is generally under a half hour ( or roughly two Caribs )....I wouldnt think of using anyone else to get over from SXM

Great service providers, Phil . . . all of them. And, so very nice of you to give the "shout out!" I'm glad that all worked to give you another happy SBH arrival. (Now landing SJU . . . looking forward to getting together soon!)

We have always had great customer service from SBC. They have held planes for us twice (after delays of our inbound aircraft from the states), once saving us a cab ride to Grand Case, and tracked missing luggage for us. (Yes, it was Delta that misplaced our luggage, and we were glad we had 24 hours of clothes in our carryon.)
I don't think we would book anything but them unless their flights were full.

Good to hear. They typically are great to work with.

However, we were disappointed with our departure from SXM on the 6th. We were told at the desk downstairs that we could get on the flight leaving in a few minutes instead of our scheduled flight hours later. We rushed upstairs only to be told, "no room for us". Needless to say I was upset as I thought we would be at our happy place that much earlier. Oh well. We got to SBH and having a fab time.