Carpe Diem La Pointe

jeep

SBH Member
Hello, I went to eat at Carpe Diem , new restaurant located in La Pointe Gustavia (eg Ti Zouk ) . I must say that we had a great time, and above all, very good meal . This is a simple concept restaurant with Italian products, and the ability to choose the portion size . There were a la carte : beef carpaccio , burratina with sausages, zucchini soup for starters . For main courses, different kinds of pasta, with different sauces , all very nice and home made..Very good service. A good place where I go again !!

We know it is less expensive and not as much Fru Fru and sophistication, but how do the flavors, service and ethos compare to L'Isola?

Carpe diem

Hi,
If we want to compare with the L'Isoal..... you can see what's on your plate ( you don't need a flashlight ) , and the amounts are minimal in contrast to that price ... Il live in SBH all the year, and I know few people who go to L'Isola due to very high prices and very small amounts of food on the plate .... The menu in L Isola is more impressive, as the prices.......even if the food is very nice!! Just my point of view...

Where in Gustavia is this location? I'm not familiar with La Pointe or Ti Zouk.

JEK - I couldn't find your scanned restaurant map. Is that a sticky somewhere?

La Pointe is the far side of the harbor, where the hospital and the Hôtel de la Collectivité are located. As you're heading from the Post Office towards the Hôtel de la Collectivité, the first restaurant on the right is Côté Port, then First Floor/La Terrasse, followed by L'Escale d'Avriette. The next restaurant on the left was most recently Thi Widi, prior to that it was Ti Zouke Café, and it is now called Carpe Diem.

Knowing nothing about the new Carpe Diem other than Jeep's report, I can predict the following:

The clientele, at least initially, will be primarily local. That may change over time, as more people try Carpe Diem.

The price will be friendlier than most restaurants on the island. This is true with most places where the clients are primarily local.

Parking will be a bit difficult - be prepared to do a drop-off at the restaurant, and park around the corner near La Presqu'ile. It's the nature of the neighborhood. More people live and work there then there are parking spaces. I have the same problem when I dine at Côté Port.

Jeep's report sounds good. I don't know if I will dine at Carpe Diem next month, but I know that I will be stopping to read the menu as I walk to/from my Côté Port parking space near La Presqu'ile.

Merci, Jeep, for letting us know about the new Carpe Diem! Please let us know about any other new restaurants that you try.

Bart- La Pointe is where Cote Port and Vietnam are among others.

image.jpeg

We had dinner last evening at Carpe Diem. We agree with the original review. Service and food were very good. Ravioli with Gorgonzola sauce was excellent. Nice atmosphere. Large portions at reasonable prices. Agree there were a lot of local people eating there. We will definitely return to Carpe Diem on our next trip to St Barth

It's always a pleasure to have "advance scouts" checking new places out shortly after they open, and before the first big waves of visitors start to arrive. Thanks for the confirmation of Jeep's review.

A few examples of dishes of the day.........................(
https://www.facebook.com/carpediemsbh?fref=ts)

Aujourd'hui BOOZY BRUNCH, "no limit cocktails" pour 19€ et un menu spécial brunch...

On vous attend...

Bonjour, vendredi 09/10: au choix, "gambas ou poulet jaune des Landes, sauce curry et riz basmati "@12€ ou @17€ en formule.
Bon appétit !

Aujourd'hui mardi 6 octobre, pâtes fraîches tomates épicées et chorizo de bellota @12€ et en formule @17€. Bon appétit...

Aujourd'hui lundi 5 Octobre, filet mignon de porc et haricots coco @12€ et en formule @17€

A few examples of dishes of the day.........................(
https://www.facebook.com/carpediemsbh?fref=ts)

Aujourd'hui BOOZY BRUNCH, "no limit cocktails" pour 19€ et un menu spécial brunch...

On vous attend...

Bonjour, vendredi 09/10: au choix, "gambas ou poulet jaune des Landes, sauce curry et riz basmati "@12€ ou @17€ en formule.
Bon appétit !

Aujourd'hui mardi 6 octobre, pâtes fraîches tomates épicées et chorizo de bellota @12€ et en formule @17€. Bon appétit...

Aujourd'hui lundi 5 Octobre, filet mignon de porc et haricots coco @12€ et en formule @17€