Cutting the cord and the bills

Well actually the iPad will work with Chromecast -- YouTube for example on iPad has the connection for the Chromecast. Due to the war, Amazon Video does not.

Like I said, Apple failed 'works and plays well with others' in kindergarten. Amazon seems intent on matching that silliness.

The restrictions in every ecosystem are just stupid.

A few days ago we wanted to play the same music from Spotify on both the iPad in the kitchen and the living room (Mac Mini and other options). Not possible. Ended up installing AirFoil on the Mac and streaming the music from the Mac in the living room to the iPad in the kitchen. Works like it should, you just click all the destinations (AirPlay-compatible) for the audio.

Sorry Tim, Jeff and Sundar but I want a full, interoperable mesh. If you think you know what I want, you are wrong. If you think all the devices will have the same logo, you are wrong.

International update: We recently returned from a long trip to New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, and Indonesia. We did nothing to make our Project Fi phones ready for the trip. They worked as well as they do at home. The only extra charges were 20 cents a minute for voice calls. It really made staying connected simple.

Like I said, Apple failed 'works and plays well with others' in kindergarten. Amazon seems intent on matching that silliness.

+1. and the Goog ain't that much better, if at all. Gee, you'd think they never heard of customer service.

Agree on Roku; plan to grab one for the beach this summer. Agnostic is the way to go, and I like the voice actuation and remote w headset jack. Smart.