Jumping into endless summer at the ER

JEK

Senior Insider
12032792_1630400033877475_3887831854009286035_o.jpg

Eden Rock - St Barths

Page Liked · 40 mins ·

Jumping into October ! #EndlessSummer

As Lisa Simpson said (about 20 years ago) when Bart wanted to get a tattoo, "Way to rebel in a conformist sort of way, Bart"

The best one I've ever seen -- this shipmate of mine shared his navel with Buddha. He passed away this year and we hoisted a glass to his memory.

SCB-1968-1970-120.jpg

To each his own for tattoo's. I prefer not to have one, I can barely decide what dress to wear the next day. To put something on my body that is permanent would be very foolish as I would be tired of it by the next year.

My father had a girl in a hula skirt tattoo on his arm, he acquired this while in the navy in hawaii. he could move his arm to make the girl dance....too funny.

I nearly got a tattoo in 1976. Legend was an outline of a fish on the instep of ones foot would prevent drowning... It had to be true. I'd just begun doing boat deliveries. This made perfect sense. My boyfriend Whitey and I walked to the tattoo parlor on Broadway in Newport. When the man drew the outline I couldn't stop laughing- ticklish. That was the end of that. I went on to draw fish with a Sharpie. Just in case.