Villa Paraiso through Real St. Barth

go_deacs

Hello - We are first time St. Bart's visitors. We're about to book Villa Paraiso through Real St. Barth. Would love any feedback on the villa or the rental company. Thanks in advance for your help!

It looks like a beautiful villa, but I've never heard of the management company. It must be new. I don't know if it's important to you, but that villa overlooks the harbor and isn't on the beach. The pics show pretty views, but it can also be commercial looking in parts of that area. Shell Beach will be the closest beach, but it will be a pretty good walk. Companies with a larger villa selection include Wimco, SiBarth and St Barth Properties. The villa you've chosen is stunning, but if you haven't been to the island before it might be worth talking to an agent at Real or one of the other companies about your interests/location preferences before making a final choice especially if you want to be close to a beach. Gustavia is great for eating, shopping and people watching, but not so much beach going although there are several within a 5 minute drive. There's not a bad place to stay on the island, but each part of it is very unique. You will love it!

Thanks for the information. We will be fine with a short drive to the beach. I did like the idea of being close to Gustavia. This is a VRBO posted by Philippe Karsenti owner of Real St. Barth. I've done a lot of internet research and it appears to be legitimate, but I would feel so much better if a local could confirm. I will do a quick check of websites for the other companies mentioned. Thanks so much!!

Real St Barth is a real estate agency offering a real St Barth service with a low fee policy. The owner/manager, Philippe Karsenti, has been in St Barth for over 20 years managing luxury villas and loves the island and it's philosophy. We will help you find the villa of your dream in Saint Barthélemy. At Real St Barth, we manage our activity in full accordance with the terms and conditions of our real estate licensure 11 - 009 T/G. We have a professional license in management and transaction, which include financial guarantees and professional liability insurance coverage. Real St Barth is a member of the largest federation for real estate agents in France, the FNAIM, which group together more than 10 000 agencies in France and in the French overseas territories. Real St Barth - RCS Basse Terre 532 758 927

that was a discussion on the forum recently, why do management companies post under VRBO... yes they represent the owners but that wasn't the spirit in which VRBO was established..

does Philippe charge the same fee if you rent via VRBO or via Real St Barth?

elgreaux - Yes, the pricing appears to be the same. There are a number of real estate companies on VRBO and often the same property is listed by multiple companies which can be confusing.

Don't know how important the view is to you? Some just want to be on the island and travel to the views. The Villa looks new and beautiful with a nice spa hot tub. You will enjoy your visit to the island staying at Paraiso or most any other location. Don't know if you saw the video of the Villa-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n_L_mzGTE4

I may be wrong, but I think this villa overlooks the commercial area of Public (trash incinerator, fuel tanks, etc.) - and some of the commercial port -- not the famous harbor as you might think.