Thread: Baie Des Anges Expansion/New Villas

SBH Member Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 32

Baie Des Anges Expansion/New Villas

Does anyone have up to date info on the above expansions to the hotel ? Is there construction in the area. Has anyone stayed at the new Villas ?

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 5,696
    I'm not aware of an expansion to Baie des Anges . . . please tell more about it.

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 9,175
    Did a Google search, could not find anything. You could check vis a vis construction permits on the island.

Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Boston Posts: 20,371
    Yojo, there is a new hotel being built nearby, but I haven't heard about an expansion of Baie des Anges. What have you heard?

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 51,762
    Kevin, I think it one in the same. First reported by Hopper.

“New Details on the Hotel development in Flamands”

https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/thr...l=1#post896547
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party -- June 5, 2023

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2003 Northern Virginia Posts: 1,567
    we checked out Baie des Anges for friends in June and noticed major construction.. At least several buildings of several stories immediately adjacent ... As in zero property line. While it was so close, I doubt it was part of Baie des Anges.. They talked about upgrading rooms and said nothing about adding more space.
    Libby

So no one has stayed at what looks like an addition/new facility to the left [ w/ your back to the beach] of the Baie Des Anges ?

As far as I know, it hasn't opened yet. Below are links to two threads regarding the property adjacent to Baie des Anges.

https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/threads/82880
    https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/threads/83024

I understand that a new hotel is being built on Flamands. That is not what I'm asking. The Baie Des Anges has a new addition, on the left side with your back to the beach. Has anyone been there, actaully seen it, or stayed there?
    Thanks

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 43,857
    On the left side with your back to the beach is where their rooms are.

Andy

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 51,762
    Quote Originally Posted by yojo View Post
    I understand that a new hotel is being built on Flamands. That is not what I'm asking. The Baie Des Anges has a new addition, on the left side with your back to the beach. Has anyone been there, actaully seen it, or stayed there?
    Thanks
    I can't remember a post on any forum about a stay there.
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party -- June 5, 2023

SBH Member Joined: Feb 2007 Michigan Posts: 155
    We stayed at a villa owned by Annie of Baie des Anges during the bucket race this year. While I know nothing about an addition, they did seem very busy when I stopped by in the morning. They had a nice area where breakfast is served and that is where I found her.

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 115
    Picture was taken last November and shows original hotel on left, new suites to the right and the beginning of new construction. Cannot say for certain but was under the impression that it was part of Annie's world. Here is a link to the Baie des Anges Suites.

Name:  DSC01027.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  350.5 KB

Thanks NYJAY . That's the first photo I've seen of what's happening there. The new Suites are deffinitely being managed , and probably owned, by the Baie des Anges Folks . Is the construction finished on that lot to the right in the photo ? No report yet on anyone having stayed in or seen the new suites.

I don't recall any post here about someone staying in the rooms much less the new villas

Andy

I'll be back on island in 60 days and will report back then. I've seen the new suites and they are very nice, too rich for my blood though. I spent many years at the hotel back when an ocean front room was $265 per day. Loved being right on the beach but it was a bit like living in a restaurant.

Here is a current photo of the construction next to Baie des Anges. This is a new villa that is not theirs. My local sources indicate that it's owned by some Russians.

Name:  DSC01542.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  444.6 KB

SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2004 NYC Posts: 17,571
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJAY View Post
    Here is a current photo of the construction next to Baie des Anges. This is a new villa that is not theirs. My local sources indicate that it's owned by some Russians.
    Aren't they all, at this point?
    Neutral and Witty.

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Alexandria, VA Posts: 5,167
    From the beach.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  347.8 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  333.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Alexandria, VA Posts: 5,167
    Disregard the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart -my real name- View Post
    Disregard the last one.
    That's funny because we stayed there twice.

Andy

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2008 NYC Posts: 1,393
    when we were there in November Benjamin and Annie both said it was a Russian building a beach house
    Today is the oldest you've ever been, yet it's the youngest you will ever be......so........ENJOY THE DAY

SBH Insider Joined: May 2004 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 3,369
    I know beachfront property is at a premium (understatement) and I'm sure it will be lovely. But it's awfully close to the hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by marybeth View Post
    I know beachfront property is at a premium (understatement) and I'm sure it will be lovely. But it's awfully close to the hotel.
    Property line setbacks don't seem to be a concept which exists in the St Barth zoning codes.