Baie Des Anges Expansion/New Villas

yojo

SBH Member
Does anyone have up to date info on the above expansions to the hotel ? Is there construction in the area. Has anyone stayed at the new Villas ?

Yojo, there is a new hotel being built nearby, but I haven't heard about an expansion of Baie des Anges. What have you heard?

we checked out Baie des Anges for friends in June and noticed major construction.. At least several buildings of several stories immediately adjacent ... As in zero property line. While it was so close, I doubt it was part of Baie des Anges.. They talked about upgrading rooms and said nothing about adding more space.

So no one has stayed at what looks like an addition/new facility to the left [ w/ your back to the beach] of the Baie Des Anges ?

I understand that a new hotel is being built on Flamands. That is not what I'm asking. The Baie Des Anges has a new addition, on the left side with your back to the beach. Has anyone been there, actaully seen it, or stayed there?
Thanks

I understand that a new hotel is being built on Flamands. That is not what I'm asking. The Baie Des Anges has a new addition, on the left side with your back to the beach. Has anyone been there, actaully seen it, or stayed there?
Thanks

I can't remember a post on any forum about a stay there.

We stayed at a villa owned by Annie of Baie des Anges during the bucket race this year. While I know nothing about an addition, they did seem very busy when I stopped by in the morning. They had a nice area where breakfast is served and that is where I found her.

Picture was taken last November and shows original hotel on left, new suites to the right and the beginning of new construction. Cannot say for certain but was under the impression that it was part of Annie's world. Here is a link to the Baie des Anges Suites.

DSC01027.jpg

Thanks NYJAY . That's the first photo I've seen of what's happening there. The new Suites are deffinitely being managed , and probably owned, by the Baie des Anges Folks . Is the construction finished on that lot to the right in the photo ? No report yet on anyone having stayed in or seen the new suites.

I'll be back on island in 60 days and will report back then. I've seen the new suites and they are very nice, too rich for my blood though. I spent many years at the hotel back when an ocean front room was $265 per day. Loved being right on the beach but it was a bit like living in a restaurant.

Here is a current photo of the construction next to Baie des Anges. This is a new villa that is not theirs. My local sources indicate that it's owned by some Russians.

DSC01542.jpg