Another reminder to check your reservations

ccg

SBH Insider
My mom came to visit this weekend and told us of her cancelled flight to Glascow on AA in June. No notice, no email, or phone call from AA, absolutely no communication from them. And she found out on her departure day. So Bill called AA to confirm our trip, made in January on USAir, Monday morning. Not a good way to wake up, especially without a full cup of coffee in my system:p

They had removed us from the early flight from RDU to Charlotte, then tried to take our seats from Charlotte-SXM even though we paid extra for our seats. 40 minutes and a supervisor later we are now back on the early flight and we have our seats to SXM. They seemed really surprised we were upset with the new reservation. We will be looking in very frequently from now on.

Everyone pay attention if you bought USAir/AA flights to SXM.

C

PS - Mom made it to Glascow but had to fly out of another airport in a different city (Richmond to Newort News VA) and totally different times. And all she got was a crappy note and 5K in FF.

We got an email yesterday that our December (originally US Air) flights were changed by AA. Now have less than an hour each way to make our connections to and from SXM. Sprung for first class this time. Already envisioning us sitting in whatever vacant seats are left in the back on the flight following the one we were supposed to be on. (Speaking from experience.). Praying for the best!

We too got bumped by US Air/AA a month or so before our trip in May. Got a phone message that there was change. Found out we were placed on the 3:15 arrival from CLT and with an (already paid) 4:00 SBC flight. After talking with the supervisor, they put us on a 1:30 arrival from Miami. Whew.

AA just sent us a schedule change. All looks okay and we see that they bumped us up to First on some of the flights. Go figure!

Thanks for posting this Charlotte...as you know we are coming around the same time as you. I just checked our itinerary based on your post and see that AA has changed our outbound flight through CLT to MIA. No notice of this...interesting....will make a note to keep checking back.

Another PSA for Tripit Pro. Any change is immediately sent to you, even a 5 minute delay.

I think I used to have that...is it an app? If so, I probably had the free version. Will look into it.

We use AA for almost all of our SBH trips, and I always book on line. They have my email on every reservation, and I have been getting timely, although usually upsetting updates. The latest one changes our late November SJU layover from 3 hours to 1.5 hours. If AA has finished the construction on it's new terminal it should be fine. Otherwise, it's going to be a nail-biter because of the aforementioned construction.

Sorta makes life interesting.

Phil

On our recent trip to san Francisco, Charles checked our flight 2 days ahead on AA. All ok. Morning of flight it was canceled because crew got in late and had to rest. We lost our first class seats which we pursed through AME and then had to pay for our luggage. AmE told us they have had this happen before and AA will make no restitution. They put us on United coach and I have to say the stewart named Brandon made us feel as if we were flying First class.

I think I used to have that...is it an app? If so, I probably had the free version. Will look into it.

There's an app for that :) When you get and reservation train, plane, car or hotel you forward to plans@tripit.com and it builds you itinerary. The itinerary can be shared with friends and family for coordination or just for info. Unlike Kevin, it has never failed to alert me to gate changes or delays.