Winair and taxes

sbhlvr

Senior Insider
Our friends are trying to book their flight to SBH. SBC is booked. She went to book the $90 flight for the two of them. It then listed almost 104 in taxes and 10 or 20 in fees. In total the flight for the two of them was over $300. Is this unreasonable? I compare this to SBC which charges 75€ including taxes.

is anyone trying for a charter to SBH on nov 6?

Winair's pricing has been all over the place lately. I ran into the same thing you did when booking our October trip. $150/pp verses 75 Euros [about $83 at that time] each way. The big advantage with Winair is the number of flights they have. That said, SBC was so much cheaper that it was a no brainer.

I don't pretend to understand the taxes and all the other extras that make up the Winair fares.

Phil

Lol Phil!
you two have been such frequent visitors you would know. The fact that you don't,speaks volumes to me.

Winair also charges extra for credit card charges. Since they don't have my airline baggage agreement there is no reason for me to book them anymore unless connection time is a factor.

FYI- Our roundtrip fare on Win Air SXM-SBH-SXM at peak times for 1/30-2/13/16 is as follows:
in $US-
Total Fare $240.91 which consists of $170 to Win Air and taxes of $70.91 broken down to- $10.91 FG, $36.00FH, $5.00FR, $8.80FR, $4.60IZ and $5.60GP. We do not know what all of the initials signify.

SB Commuter. I always used SBC on the way down but Winair coming back because of the bag transfer. No need to spend the extra money now.

Many of our friends have found St. Barth Commuter to be less expensive but sometimes not as reliable in meeting their flight schedules as Win-Air.

LOL, I don't transit through SXM these days, but when I did I rarely used "reliable", "schedule", and "Winair" in the same sentence. Perhaps they have improved.

We're the newbies on our first trip with sbhlvr. I had to book this morning on WinAir as most seats were rapidly disappearing. It came out to just over $350......one way for two adults. At the time of booking, I couldn't help but laugh (or I'd be crying) over the different seat costs of a plane that only holds 7 people. We wondered if the $30 seat was on the wing and if the $126 seat came with a massage and champagne. We shall see in 57 days. ;)

We're the newbies on our first trip with sbhlvr. I had to book this morning on WinAir as most seats were rapidly disappearing. It came out to just over $350......one way for two adults. At the time of booking, I couldn't help but laugh (or I'd be crying) over the different seat costs of a plane that only holds 7 people. We wondered if the $30 seat was on the wing and if the $126 seat came with a massage and champagne. We shall see in 57 days. ;)

Did you try Saint Barth Commuter? their tickets are 75 euros including taxes.. so two one-way tickets are about $170, half what you paid on Winair... just picking a November date to see, on November 12 for example they have seats at 2:45pm or 4:15pm... not sure of your schedule or dates, but Winair seems very expensive in comparison... the rest of the money would take you out to dinner....

Did you try Saint Barth Commuter? their tickets are 75 euros including taxes.. so two one-way tickets are about $170, half what you paid on Winair... just picking a November date to see, on November 12 for example they have seats at 2:45pm or 4:15pm... not sure of your schedule or dates, but Winair seems very expensive in comparison... the rest of the money would take you out to dinner....
Ellen- the first post said SBC was booked.

the first post was by someone else, I didn't put two and two together, is it the same people.. oops, sorry!
hey Ellen, np hula girl and her wonderful hubby are our friends that are newbies.. you would not have known that. It's all good and thanks.
can't wait for our trip
carol

hey Ellen, np hula girl and her wonderful hubby are our friends that are newbies.. you would not have known that. It's all good and thanks.
can't wait for our trip
carol

In November, I will probably be here, so let's get together....

In November, I will probably be here, so let's get together....

sounds good. We will be there from the 6th to the 22.
We haven't been back since May '14. I feel like there are lots of changes that I need to get caught up on. It's been too long

We always use SBC been doing so for past 9 trips...going again this November round trip about $170. Never an issue of missed flights they have always been helpful if we arrive early or late. They have always emailed us if there are concerns about tight schedules. Their equipment is top notch (Cessna Caravans) and according to Delaine the pilots are hot...