Reasonably Priced Hotel for One Night?

agraham

SBH Member
We need to book a hotel for one night prior to the start of our Jan. 2016 villa rental. Our preference would be the Normandie, but it has a 3-night minimum. We would like something fairly reasonably priced and clean. We are open to any location, as it is only for one night. It looks as though Salines Garden Cottages, Le P'tit Morne, Les Ondines Sur La Plage, Les Mouettes and Au Couer Caraibe are fairly highly rated on the travel sites. Any recommendations and/or input would be greatly appreciated! We've been to SBH many times, but have never stayed in a hotel.

You might talk to Odile at Gumbs Car Rental. She might let a place go for 1 night at a reasonable rate this time of year over near Flamands.

Village St Jean may fit your description. I've stayed there for one night, but not in the high season so I'm not sure if there's a minimum stay required then.

I can't say its cheap, but we have stayed at Tom Beach in February for one night while waiting for our villa rental to begin

We too stayed at the Village St Jean for a single night prior to the villa. Very reasonable in the low season for the one bedroom next to the road. Close to the Hideaway for dinner, plus a complementary breakfast.

I'd try the Sunset - we've spent a night - or two - there. Kind of fun to be right in Gustavia.

I throw my vote to Gustavia and The Sunset. I've stayed there for a week plus and found it to be most delightful. I discovered that I'm not as much of a villa princess as I thought I was so the experience was such that I will do it again in a heartbeat. The price is very low and the location can't be beat. Park your car and walk anywhere in and around Gustavia.

You might want to look at Tropical, in St Jean as well, I've stayed there , and it's clean, reasonable and good location.

For what its worth, I would make sure the agency/owner knew about your dilemma. Two years ago we were in a similar situation and a few weeks before our trip the people in the villa before us had a change in plans. We were able to get in upon arrival. No guarantees, but I'd make sure they knew, just in case.

Thank you! Is Hotel Le P'tit Morne okay? It is the only one that has confirmed that a one-night stay is possible during high season.

It is an excellent choice. We haven't stayed there but know several people who have and they enjoyed it, plus the view is spectacular.

Phil

P'Tit Morne is more than okay! While it's not Eden Rock, it's a fabulous hotel, imho. Tania and Caroline are lovely to work with. And the view is pretty incredible!

It is an excellent choice. We haven't stayed there but know several people who have and they enjoyed it, plus the view is spectacular.

Phil

It's great. We have stayed there for one night, and we are doing it again in January. For a one night stay I believe your deposit is non refundable.

We stayed at Hotel Le P'tit Morne for one night in November, 2013 with no regret, it is an excellent choice. The view is very nice.

I stayed at Ti Morne for a few weeks on my last trip. While I had a superior room (free upgrade), I did get a tour of the other options. All of them were clean, comfortable, and had that amazing view. I would stay there again.