AA keeping USAIR flights/routes

andynap

Senior Insider
Important update to your US Airways flights
As part of our merger, all US Airways flights on or after October 17, 2015, will become American Airlines flights.If you booked with US Airways, we assigned a new record locator and moved your reservation to aa.com. Your confirmed schedule has not changed, and we'll send you a check-in reminder 24 hours before you fly.
In the meantime, you can go to aa.com to:

• Look up your flights
  • Change seats
  • Add your AAdvantage number

United Pilots have told me the merger is still a work in progress. The former Continental pilots, who fly most of the United planes out of EWR, are still unhappy about the merger.

When I booked there were 2 distinct sites- AA and Usair. I dont care who owns what as long as it keeps my flights.

We got the same notification that our flights to and from SXM in November will now be operated by AA. No change in flight times though - but I'm going to keep a close eye on it over the next few months.

Any word on again being able to check bags all the way through on Win Air in SBH like we used to? Sure would save a lot of time and hassle in SXM!

Hopefully at some point there will be a check thru with AA. What are the fees typically for transferring with Premium IV?

Their website lists the costs but I believe I paid $140 for 2 from SXM to SBH. That was when I used Winair coming back who checked the bags thru. Now I would use PIV coming back.

We just booked for November on AA but it's the old USAir route through Charlotte.

Sheryl, the new airport is very nice with good shopping, surprisingly. It's a shame about the jobs, because in general we've seen growth.