St. Barts trip report - June 14 - June 22, 2015

ChrisH

SBH Insider
What an amazing trip we had in St. Barts! This was our 3rd time to St. Barts, and our favorite trip of them all!

I will keep this brief and let our video do the talking.

We ran into Ric Ocasek (The Cars) and his wife Paulina Porizkova (model) a few times on our trip, including the flight from SXM to SBH. Very nice people!

We stayed at the Villa Sud Ouest. We loved it, and will stay there again. It is beautiful and has everything we were looking for, and at a reasonable price. There was a lot of construction going on in the area, but that did not take away from our joy.

We did not dine out as much on this trip as our previous two. Part of that was just wanting to relax and chill out at our villa. We did dine at the Sand Bar and Sante Fe. The food was excellent, but we were even more pleased with the service.

Saline is still our favorite beach. There was a lot of seaweed on Saline while we were there. But it wasn't enough to take away from enjoying the silence and solitude of Saline.
There were a lot more families at Saline this time around.

Our next favorite beach is now Columbier. Believe it or not, we never went to Colombier on our previous 2 trips! We enjoyed the hike and loved the snorkeling. The beach has a lot of character. Hopefully next time we go to St. Barts it won't be quite so dry as I am sure Colombier is even more breathtaking when it's had some rain. Very, very dry in St. Barts right now!

We went on a sunset catamaran trip through Jicky Marine. They were of great help and it was a very enjoyable trip. One of the many highlights.

Our days were filled with drinking coffee on the terrace of our villa to start the day. Deciding which beach to go to in the morning. Having lunch, generally back at our villa. Enjoying a beach in the afternoon, taking a dip back at our pool and then deciding where to dine for the night. We enjoyed a couple of nice evening strolls on St. Jean beach and around the harbor of Gustavia.
We also enjoyed many sips of vanilla rum!

Overall, just a nice relaxing trip to St. Barts. We basically just went with the flow and enjoyed every moment. Until next time!

Here is a video I put together. It is rather long (12 minutes!) I will understand if you fast forward through parts of it. I do take a lot of pictures, but this is the first video I have put together of pictures and video. I hope you like it. I really tried to capture what St. Barts means to us. Thank you all again for your suggestions and help!

St. Barts, June 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeiQg-0jQNk

Bravo! I watched ut all and enjoyed the visual and the sound presentations. I had forgotten how tan and brown the island was!

You two castaways had many good moments recorded and I know you will enjoy watching this again and again.

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks amyb and Dennis.
And yes I am a very lucky man. You should see the pictures I didn't put on the video!

What a nice video and great pictures! You did a really nice job putting the video together with the music...I really enjoyed watching it! Thanks for sharing your trip with all of us...you're a lovely couple!

You are a beautiful couple, so glad you had a great trip.

Loved the video, especially the transition from snorkeling to driving, very cool! We also like to snorkel and Randy wants to know what camera you're using.

Very nice video . . . memorably capturing a happy visit! Thanks for posting . . . and return soon!

Not too long at all. Watched the whole 12 minutes. The road shots are great and tell us how comfortable the hammock was! The boulangerie pictures bring back great memories. We hated to see your trip end! Great choices of music. You are a beautiful couple!

Twelve minutes is not too long for a St. Barth video! It could have been twice as long and I'd have watched it all the way through. Thanks for posting. We might try Sud Ouest sometime, so it's good to see your review.

You are a beautiful couple, so glad you had a great trip.

Loved the video, especially the transition from snorkeling to driving, very cool! We also like to snorkel and Randy wants to know what camera you're using.

So, after you tell Randy what camera you're using, you can tell me where your wife shops. ;)

Thanks for all of the compliments!

My main camera is a Nikon D7000. I also did a lot of video with that camera.
The camera I used for underwater and some other shots is a Fujifilm XP70 Waterproof camera. Nothing fancy, but get's the job done.

Gramchop - my wife does most of her shopping at Victoria's Secret!

Thanks for all of the compliments!

My main camera is a Nikon D7000. I also did a lot of video with that camera.
The camera I used for underwater and some other shots is a Fujifilm XP70 Waterproof camera. Nothing fancy, but get's the job done.

Gramchop - my wife does most of her shopping at Victoria's Secret!

Thanks, Chris! That white dress is a knock out!!

I loved every second of your 12 minute video Chris H!
We just booked our airfare for January and watching your video has me all geared up to find a villa!

Wonderful video! Handsome photos of the two of you. Many thanks for a great trip report and all the vicarious thrills it brings to those of us off island--for the time being, of course.