Second trip May 22 - June 5

PeterLynn

Senior Insider
I put together a web page highlighting our trip from a couple of weeks ago. It was composed in Adobe Flash, so iPads might have a problem.

Here's the link - http://www.noldt.com/SBH-2015.html

Amazing how different our second trip felt from the first. Enjoy!

- Peter

I apologize in advance for errors in my French, but I'm still a beginner and Google translate is pretty worthless sometimes.

Your "page" is so cleverly done! Really an innovative trip report . . . with appreciated commentary. (I always particularly like to read of happy visits to La Langouste -- a great little spot that's a bit off the radar screen for most visitors.)

Love the calendar format. You succeeded in what we try to do each time and mostly fail.....lunch out and dinner at home. Our problem is our favorite beach is Colombier and once we hike over there we are inclined to stay put for the day. Well done!

Thanks.

La Langouste was indeed a surprise. If we hadn't been staying on Flamands, we probably wouldn't have visited. The food was great and the service was even better. There was only a single waiter/bartender and he didn't skip a beat even with six tables, including one of obnoxious name-droppers.

Your "page" is so cleverly done! Really an innovative trip report . . . with appreciated commentary. (I always particularly like to read of happy visits to La Langouste -- a great little spot that's a bit off the radar screen for most visitors.)
+1!

Peter&Lynn, what a cleverly done trip report! Enjoyed every bit of it. Yep, you two are hooked!

On our very first trip in 2003, we stayed at Papillon Blanc…lovely spot and has since been updated. You're right about the heat, especially in the afternoon. Loved those sunsets and the view though. Our last trip in February, we stayed right on Flamands Beach too so I get why you enjoyed Do Dragan so much.

Very enjoyable….you "get it" lol. I'm still confused as to what to buy in the store there that even resembles Half&Half for my coffee. We've picked up something different each time and somehow it always works! Does anyone have that one figured out?

Thanks for the report!

Loved your description of the trip from SXM to SBH: "the always visceral, ten minute flight." And I could not agree more regarding the French making the best bread and yogurt.

Oh, gosh, 2009! I do remember the thread now that I've read it….we haven't used CoffeeMate in years. I try to find the right stuff each time, but it seems like there is always something different on the shelf! I'm putting a note on my phone for Le Fleur Crème de Légère…cause I can't ever remember what Mike said! And wasn't there supposed to be a photo of it posted, Mike? :tongue:

What an excellent trip report, thanks! It was fun to click through your days, look at your pictures, and awaken the memories of our own trip... wish I had the skill to create a report in that format. That picture of the final sunset is really amazing. Blow that one up and put it on your wall at home to keep you stoked until the next trip!

TheElle & Vire creme Legere in the blue tri pack is what we use. Not the heavy creme, not the sour creme, the Creme Legere de Normandie-12% with blue screw on top and blue checkerboard border.

3241025279_76cb8b75d7_o.jpg

Thanks all.

Wife drinks coffee black, but I have to have my cream. The search was crazy. I found the 12% crème, but wanted something a bit lighter. In the Marche, I was trying out my "command" of French and managed to ask "où est le lait?" The reply "à côté de la boucherie". Went back past the meat area, next to the toilet paper was what looked like a bunch baby formula on the shelf. A couple of days later, I'm staring at the spices and behind me I see "Lait UHT 1/2 crème". They don't refrigerate their milk????? I bought one in case, Googled it to make sure, and used it the next morning. Voilà, 1/2 & 1/2!

The positive of the lengthy search, besides learning something new, is we were forced to make frequent trips to La Petite Colombe for my "café au lait" and indulged on the pastries in the process.

If anyone is interested, I did a similar report last year - http://www.noldt.com/SBH-2014.html. Much more documentation, especially of the food. This year we relaxed enough that pictures were almost an afterthought. Next visit, we might forget to take any.

On our very first trip in 2003, we stayed at Papillon Blanc…lovely spot and has since been updated.

I don't know if you caught the picture but a permit was approved (5/4/15) to renovate and expand the Papillon Blanc to three bedrooms. They are basically adding a wing that will fill in the space between villas next to the kitchen. The rendering also makes it look more modern.