Second trip May 22 - June 5

nicely done! we were there for from 5/21-5/30 - many similar dining experiences though most were a day off. I miss it already, seems like it was so long ago. Time to start planning the next trip.

One of THE best trip reports! Your clever presentation was greatly enjoyed. Thanks so much.

I put together a web page highlighting our trip from a couple of weeks ago. It was composed in Adobe Flash, so iPads might have a problem.

Here's the link - http://www.noldt.com/SBH-2015.html

Amazing how different our second trip felt from the first. Enjoy!

- Peter

I apologize in advance for errors in my French, but I'm still a beginner and Google translate is pretty worthless sometimes.

Are you sure you don't work for Adobe? :)

https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/threads/82166-Trip-Report-May-21-30?p=889779&viewfull=1#post889779

Thanks again all. It's a lot of fun to reminisce, even though it's only been a little more than a week. The trip reports are a great way keep the fires burning and as a planning tool. On the latter, we likely wouldn't have known about the sunset cruise if I hadn't read about it a couple of months ago.

As far as the graphics go, I teach architectural presentation at the local university and this is a way to keep the skills sharp. I'm just glad I have such a wonderful subject to work with. As a matter of fact, one of our French exchange students I taught a couple of years ago is currently working for his uncle's firm on the island and I made a surprise visit to their office on our way to the airport. Small world indeed.

We just booked 10 days in April at VDD. Will be our 7th trip to SBH.

We have 2 kids, one a toddler, so it was important for us to have a beach for the 4yo, but also doors to close in the villa to keep the toddler contained and out of the pool. We stayed at EZE on Lorient last year and it was great, but not right on the beach.

Anyway, Wimco (and other sites) are specific about no A/C in the living room at VDD which was a concern - could get hot with doors closed all day. But thanks to the reviews here, and specifically user Leep75 sharing his villa photos in the forum, we see they added A/C in the living room at some point in 2016. That sealed the deal.

We've never stayed in Flamand so any other tips on the area are appreciated. We love the beach, waves, and the cheesecake at Cheval Blanc is one of the best you'll have anywhere, otherwise it's all new to us. Can't wait!

The waves can be a bit rough at Flamands but if you go to the far end of the road there is a big rock - behind which there are stairs leading down to La Petite Anse, a quiet secluded cove that is perfect for smaller children...

They indeed added the A/C a couple of years ago. Much more comfortable, although with the doors open, the sound of the waves was quite relaxing.

Having the beach at your door is really amazing! As a matter of fact, this past trip, we only visited one other beach only once. On a typical day we would take the lounges out on the beach and around noon when the maid arrived, we would head out to lunch. The afternoons were spent in the pool. Aahhhh. Sunsets were a bit hit and miss as it goes down behind the hill much earlier than other villas we've stayed in. We did walk down past the Cheval Blanc for a better view.

For restaurants, you should definitely try La Langouste. About midway down the beach and a short, barefoot, stroll from the villa. It's our go to first night dinner.