jetski rental?

jeffbg

SBH Insider
Wondering about updated info on Jetski rentals. Last posts are a few years old. I've seen them from Grand Cul de Sac, but wondering if that is the only outfit, and if you need to get a guide to go out beyond the reef and so on.

Any info appreciated -- might take my oldest on a thrill ride when we are there :).

- Jeff

Check Jicky Marine in Gustavia as an alternate source for Jetski rental. I've only seen guided groups go out from either location.

Hey, Jeff . . .

My wife and I have done this twice. The first time we took a guide and the three of us left from Gustavia and circled the island counterclockwise. Under stable weather conditions the trip had calm as we headed for Grand Fond, then super uncalm rounding that end of the island, then gradually more calm passing Flamands and then calm again passing by Colombier. I was glad we had a guide because the seas were mentally daunting in the higher waves and wind. And those conditions don't usually frighten me.

The second time was with our teenage boys and again we departed from Gustavia and just spent a couple hours playing around in the area between Saline and Shell Beach, which is quite beautiful from the water . . . The open cliff facings and the smooth waters in this zone made the experience an absolute winner. There was no need to do the full loop .. . too much stress and work.

I would go to Jicky or one of the others over in Gustavia and try to find a source here. Leaving from Grand Cul de Sac is just not the best zone for a pleasant experience.

Also, even though this was not your question, if you go into Colombier . . . . remember there are lots of bobbing turtles that are no match for speeding machines.

Hope this helps. Have fun.

DD and I have done jet ski from GCdS at the Guanahani and once we got out of the bay, things got a lot rougher. I was happy to get back in, but DD went out the next day with the instructor and they went wave-seeking/jumping like a heat-seeking missile. Poor DD could hardly walk the next day..I spent the whole day laughing..(Terrible wife, non?!)