Last Minute Villa Price Discounting???

DavidB

SBH Member
Greetings :),
My wife and I will be returning for our fourth visit in 5 years on June 3rd and are planning to stay 2-3 weeks. We have a villa rented for our first week and are then very open to where we stay. As June is the low season and I find many of the villas have vacancies, do any agencies or villas discount the regular low season rate further. My thought is that an owner would rather have some income than no income. Forgive me if I come across cheap, that is not my intent as we're paying $4,800 the first week; I'm just looking for as good a value as possible.
Thanks for your assistance.

Welcome David!

We have more than a few villa owners online. Perhaps one will send you a PM!

Bonne chance!

The best way to to obtain a special rate is to contact the owner directly. We suggest VRBO if you are familiar with it. VRBO stands for Villa Rental By Owner and type in St. Barthelemy. You will find lots of Villas available and definitely you will find an owner who prefers something rather than nothing.

http://www.vrbo.com

The "low season," indeed, finds villas offered at reduced prices. With specific respect to "last minute villa discounting," the title of your post . . . I would say, yes -- most villa owners are open to last minute "deals," & it's not necessary to contact villa owners directly to get them. If you're working through a rental agency (and I, as a villa owner, support the roles of agencies -- they've been & are a source of great & important value), simply ask the agency to inquire of the owner of a villa that you like as to whether some last minute, special pricing is available.

I would add that villa stays of two to three weeks, as you have mentioned, especially will get the attention of any villa owner.

I think it would be great fun to have someone from one of the agencies take you on a tour of available villas in your price range.... then you'll really know which ones you like best... and by the way, cec1 has a lovely villa if it's available...

Thanks for your replies

Thank you for your replies and great advice. I especially like the idea of possibly taking a tour of potential rentals (if they are vacant).

I didn't mention previously however we will be starting the process of looking into purchasing a villa on the island. We currently reside in Hermosa Beach in SoCal, I'm a retired veterinarian and my wife is a general contractor. Vacationing on your wonderful island ,I suspect, is very different than living there, thus we intend to spend several weeks this trip and return again for 3 weeks the first of November; we prefer to avoid the peak tourist times.
As our trip draws closer, I find myself spending more and more time on this great forum... (what a wealth of information.) and I suspect I'll post a few more questions.
Your advice and suggestions are sincerely appreciated:up::up::up::up::up: