Big Sur? Yes Sir!

Dennis

Senior Insider
Planned a quick getaway to Big Sur May 20 - 25.

2 Nights Post Ranch Inn

2 Nights Ventana Inn

1 Night San Francisco

Looking for hotel/dining suggestions SFO for Sunday night 5-24.

iJEK, I'm looking at you....

Any other intel appreciated.

Shout out to Amy for her input on Ventana and Post Ranch Inn.

Ventana is great especially if you get a room with the deck facing the mountains. The deer populate the path to the restaurant and aren't afraid of humans. We thought the restaurant was so good we canceled our reservations for a restaurant in Carmel.

Hey, Menace...tell your neighbors I'll be throwing a party at The Rock Star House on May 23.

...I ain't called PITA for nuttin'! :cool:

+1 on Boulevard and Trick Dog
Also liked Hogs & Rock (another recommendation from iJEK)

We had a beautiful lunch with a view at Ventana. There are lots of nice restaurants in Carmel too. Loved the hippy vibe in the town of Big Sur and the variety of places to explore, Pfeiffer Beach and Limekiln Falls especially.

What a great trip!

I am so happy you are enjoying one of our favorite destinations. Have a ball Dennis and Lisa.

Bon voyage, Dennis!! Keep driving, and when you get to San Diego, send me a PM..we have wine...!! (Maybe next time??!!) Davesmom

As Phil says, "That doesn't suck!"

By the way....The pool at the Rock Star / PD House was pretty divine, too.

PITA :cool:

This comes too late to be of help for you, Dennis, but we think Nepenthe (resto) in Big Sur is fabulous. The view is awesome. You will want to sit and stare for hours!!

This comes too late to be of help for you, Dennis, but we think Nepenthe (resto) in Big Sur is fabulous. The view is awesome. You will want to sit and stare for hours!!

We stopped in for a mid-afternoon snack. Beautiful!