Seems TSA Pre Check is changing

JEK

Senior Insider
Appears that the eligibility direct from the airlines is being removed in favor of signing up through the government programs.

image.jpg

We just got the same email, but fortunately we have Global Entry so we should be covered. It looks like this is part of the enhanced TSA screening process.

Phil

Makes sense- never understood why anybody at random got prechek without having gone thru any government checking- defeated the purpose.

Phil, Charles and I have Global Entry and TSA-Precheck but our last 3 flights we were not able to get TSA Pre-check on our tickets or I would have it and Charles would not. Cant get any help from TSA, Do you have any advice secrets to getting this done correctly Thanks Betty

Betty,

Your trusted traveler number must be on the reservation or it won't work.

Two methods to make sure you have it :

1. Add it to all your FF profiles, so when the reservation is made it gets picked up. This is preferred!
2. Manually add it to an existing reservation after booking.

Early on in the program we both had a few misses and it was always missing numbers or transposed numbers.

One more thing - full names on the reservation exactly the same as the trusted traveler number card.

We ran into a problem last year when we got our new passports. I had to update our info both in our AA Aadvantage , and GOES [Global Entry] profiles, and once everything was in order, we've been TSA PreCheck on every flight. Now, don't talk to Amy about Global Entry. She gets an X on her report card virtually every time, and always for a different reason.

Phil

Not precisely germane to the topic, but some airlines may not participate in pre-check. Frontier, for example, I don't think does. I believe that there's a nominal charge to the airline for pre-check.

TSA Pre✓® is currently available at more than 130 airports nationwide. Eligible passengers traveling on Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Hawaiian Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways and Virgin America can learn where TSA Pre✓® lanes are available at participating airports by clicking on the links below.