Istanbul, Athens, Santorini

Yes you can fly only in the summer London- Santorini direct. These flights do not post far in advance- maybe 3 or 4 months before. The Hotel we like in Santorini is Mystique

http://mystique.gr

which is in Oia, away from the crowds of cruise ships in Fira- only a 15 minute drive and the sunsets are divine there.

It's looking like 6 nights in Istanbul, 3 nights in Bodrum, 6 nights Santorini. Exciting!

Tripit should have fun with all these reservations. lol

Hi Deb,

I am late to the game in this discussion. We will be in Istanbul this July for four nights staying at Morgan's Karakoy Istanbul. We wanted to be able to walk to the historic sites and also walk around at night close to our hotel to enjoy cafes, music and nightlife. The Beyoglu area seemed fantastic for that. This article was helpful in choosing our location.

http://www.wittistanbul.com/magazine/where-to-stay-in-istanbul-beyoglu-or-sultanahmet/

We wanted to have different experiences in Greece and Turkey and we were able to find a nine night cruise on a small ship that hit all the areas we wanted to see. We leave from Istanbul and making full days stops at Mykonos, Santorini, Bodrum, Ephesus, Troy/Gallipoli, Meteora, Skiathos, Ephesus and Athens. Our day in Bodrum is Dennis' 50th birthday. I decided to spend just one night in Athens after reading this thread. The information was very helpful.

I hope you (and Marybeth) have a magical time in Greece and Turkey.

Jeanette,

Dennis's birthday trip sounds amazing! Can't wait to hear how it goes. We're looking forward to our trip as well, provided we survive the Fare Thee Well show in Chicago the week before we leave....:cool:

mb

Just now seeing the late May posts. Jeanette, sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned. Maybe you are already there.

it will interesting to see what happens with the Greece decision today. May not be using the euro there.

Well, we will be using euros for sure. We just ordered them from the bank and contacted our hotels to see if we can charge the balances. We're taking more cash than usual, since we're concerned that we won't be able to rely on ATMs. Leaving Thursday and thinking positive. :)