Excellent dinner at Les Bananiers Last night

Aew-sk

SBH Member
It was my first time visiting this restaurant and I will definitely go back. I had the roti de bar with sauce vanille which was terrific. The vanilla in the sauce was not that noticeable and was excellent. Served with thinly sliced very fresh veggies. Melt in your mouth good. My husband's tuna tartar was nicely spiced and more interesting than any I've tasted. His Mahi Mahi creole was good too. The pizzas also look very good. Atmosphere is casual, and service was fine. Also a good value for the quality of the food.

But it's been getting a lot of good press lately!

Nice restaurant off many people's radar.
For no apparent reason, it had been off our radar until this February, when a local friend, whose opinions on food/restaurants we admire, highly recommended it. We made a reservation for lunch for the following day. We liked it so much that we went back again and only wished we had more time to have a few more lunches and dinners there. On our first visit for lunch, we had pepperoni pizza that was delicious, and is now my favorite pizza on the island. Then we went back for moules and while they were tiny, they were very tasty. Les Bananiers is bright and cheerful; the staff is welcoming and friendly; food is good and very reasonable. No wonder it's a favorite of the locals! Now it's a favorite of ours, too! Les Bananiers is on the top of our list for next February.

Hard for us to drive by to go somewhere else.....Great food, great people, reasonable prices........Our favorite!

For no apparent reason, it had been off our radar until this February, when a local friend, whose opinions on food/restaurants we admire, highly recommended it. We made a reservation for lunch for the following day. We liked it so much that we went back again and only wished we had more time to have a few more lunches and dinners there. On our first visit for lunch, we had pepperoni pizza that was delicious, and is now my favorite pizza on the island. Then we went back for moules and while they were tiny, they were very tasty. Les Bananiers is bright and cheerful; the staff is welcoming and friendly; food is good and very reasonable. No wonder it's a favorite of the locals! Now it's a favorite of ours, too! Les Bananiers is now on the top of our list for next February.

Great to hear Rebecca! KR

We discuss it each year but because there are so many places with wonderful views we never end up going. Now both Tamarin and Bananiers are constantly receiving good reviews so both are on our list for our next visit.

We discuss it each year but because there are so many places with wonderful views we never end up going. Now both Tamarin and Bananiers are constantly receiving good reviews so both are on our list for our next visit.
We felt exactly the same way. Just glad that we didn't have to wait til next year to get to both of them.

We were there for dinner last night and really enjoyed it also. A nice relaxing room with music and a soft breeze in the background. We are here with our 26 year old son and the three of us were debating who had the best meal. The tuna my husband had, the small grilled lobster I had or the mix of seafood enjoyed by son. Definitely a stop for every trip.

It's basically at La Petite Colombe bakery in Colombier. Coming from St Jean towards Flamand/Colombier, right passed Anse des Cayes, as you go down a steep slope towards the intersection Colombier/Flamand Beach the restaurant is on your left. On the other side of the street there is a primary school and a gym, you shouldn't miss it