March 7, 2015, Dinner at L'Isola

phil62

Senior Insider
A great night to head into Gustavia for dinner-Italian fare for us!

I love the familiar presentation of the thin sliced Parma ham and cantaloupe melon balls. It does not disappoint.
P1030443.JPG

I could not resist the pasta special-baby clams, vongole, and spaghetti. Tender clams amid the pasta in olive oil and browned garlic. Superb.
P1030444.JPG

The Dover Sole was another special. I caved yet again. I asked to have it whole, and no capers. The lemon sauce was in its own small saucer and it was great.
P1030445.JPG

Phil had this carefully breaded and fried tennis racket, I mean pounded thin veal chop! His sauce was a tomato sauce. It could also be ordered with arugula and cherry tomatoes on top. He opted for just plain.
P1030447.JPG

Though quite full, we did polish off the three smooth and sensational and slightly tart sorbets-strawberry, lemon and raspberry
P1030448.JPG

Attachments

• 2pEH199leCp-zVSOJhIMaNvViEoGjq_BqFj1Sns1vAI=w372-h808-no.jpg
    2pEH199leCp-zVSOJhIMaNvViEoGjq_BqFj1Sns1vAI=w372-h808-no.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 426
the Nipozzano Riserva is our "go to" Sunday dinner wine....we keep a case of it in the root cellar.......nice choice

you probably dont want to compare what we pay for it though....:cool:

the Nipozzano Riserva is our "go to" Sunday dinner wine....we keep a case of it in the root cellar.......nice choice

you probably dont want to compare what we pay for it though....:cool:

I also buy that wine by the case at home. It's very reasonable, and it's also our go to bottle for just about any night that we have pasta at home. I think the last time I paid something like $15 a bottle.

Phil

yeah thats what I pay here......but I was referring to what you paid there....LOL

if you like that.....try this

vill.jpg

AWine.jpg

Recently discovered this bargain and it's fabulous! Rated a 91, if you care about ratings. I think it's a superb wine at a great price. Not sure if you can find it in the U.S.

Thanks Mike and Phil. A reminder to pick some up. Yes Gayle- we have Monte Antico here and even in our State Stores.

dont care at all about ratings.....

I see we have it in just the Sangiovese here....12.99....I ll give it a shot

thanks

Tried it but didn't love it. I also confess to being a wine snob who won't consider any wine that doesn't have a cork.

Phil