Cane Garden Bay

JoshA

Senior Insider
In the morning at the Anegada anchorage, our neighbor dinghied his lab to shore for some necessary business.

IMG_8769.JPG

We embarked on a long, windy, bumpy reach

IMG_8783.JPG

IMG_8788.JPG

toward the airport at Beef Island

IMG_8809.JPG

and beyond to Guana Island and the snorkeling at Monkey Point.

GOPR0690.JPG

GOPR0710.JPG

This was followed by an easy downwind sail to Cane Garden Bay on the northwest shore of Tortola where, again, we had to anchor.

IMG_8841.JPG

IMG_8850.JPG

IMG_8852.JPG

We invited the flotilla over for a sunset cocktail party

IMG_8856.JPG

with a great view of the bay.

IMG_8856-PANO.jpg

IMG_8863.JPG

After sunset, we had dinner and dancing at Quito's (to the right of the boat pictured above).

IMG_8865.JPG

We lingered over drinks at the outdoor bar until they closed.

Your trip continues to look wonderful. Thank you for sharing. Will you get to Virgin Gorda? The Loro Piana maxi yacht regatta is going on now. Boats galore.

Peter is right, Mike. We got to CGB on a Thursday night which is the night I always remember Quito playing solo but he had switched that to Friday. I wasn't consulted. :guitar: Had I known, I might have lobbied to put in at Diamond Cay on Jost instead but the east swell conditions were perfect for spending the night in CGB. In his place was a band that got everyone up and dancing to reggae versions of songs like Lady in Red. No lie. We heard these on the radio too. We had the boat sound system tuned to 92.3 all week playing eclectic music perfect for the boat.

Rosemary, we had been in Gorda Sound before the sail to Anegada and were continuing our counterclockwise circumnavigation of the BVI. I'm in snowbound Massachusetts now but would love to be back in Virgin Gorda on a maxi yacht.