Is this an un-biased forum?

musicman

SBH Member
Perhaps I'm out of line in this post but here goes. Perhaps the lovers of St Barth and dedicated participants in this site might be able to chime in to help me out? If not for anything else but to satisfy my curiosity. I have just logged in to find a private message from the moderator questioning me on why my posts tend to recommend St Barth Properties and do I have an agenda? Quite simply, they do an excellent job for me and I've had experiences with other agencies for comparison. I know Wimco owns this site (whom I respect completely as a quality choice in an agency) but I thought this site was designed to be a non-biased forum for info? Mr. Moderator, your thoughts are welcome as well?

We welcome all comers and all agencies. I think you will find that the majority of our posters do not use WIMCO and freely offer up their suggestions for agencies or rent-by-owner. They also seem to be balanced in contributing restaurant reviews, photos and general comment on the island. Your comments seemed to always feature a SBP link and I was curious if you worked with Peg. Peg's blog seems to be posted here more than anything from WIMCO, so SBP info is welcomed along with your trip reports.

well, what an interesting thread/ unbiased forum/ you might also call out the people who always seem to put in the same restaurants in from week to week, do they have a business relationship with the restaurants that they are always touting? not likely, they are putting in the restaurants that they want to visit , after all, it is their vacation and if they choose not to include the other many good restaurants, as I said its their vacation, and they can only include the places that they actually visit.

I think its very odd that a person would be sent a private message just because they keep talking about the same villa rental agency, seems someone may have too much time on their hands..............lol.

Your comments seemed to always feature a SBP link and I was curious if you worked with Peg. Peg's blog seems to be posted here more than anything from WIMCO, so SBP info is welcomed along with your trip reports.

Now hold on a minute, Jean, only 24 of his 25 posts refer to SBP!

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck . . .

Now hold on a minute, Jean, only 24 of his 25 posts refer to SBP!

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck . . .

LOL

C'mon, Cass, in a lot of them he/she didn't even mention SBP until the SECOND sentence.

So, yeah. The forum's unbiased, the posters, not so much.

(Esp in Politics...)

For those unfamiliar w the search function, just click the poster's username, and the pop up link for "view forum posts"...

I'm the one that keeps posting Pegs Blog. I think the posts are interesting and I rent from WIMCO.