Villas on St. Jean Beach

Scotik

SBH Insider
My Wife and I are planning to visit St. Barts, our 3rd trip in less than a year and love St. Jean beach. Previously we stayed at Hotel Emeraude at one of their beach front cottages for 4 nights at a time. This trip it will be a week or more and thought maybe to stay at a beach front villa.

I saw a couple villa that looked like rentals between Emeraude and the runway but having a difficult time finding them on Wimco, Flip Key, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

We have stayed in Playa Dorada several years ago -- it was taken off the market because the house behind it was being torn down and rebuilt. We were just there and the house behind it is still under construction. About three weeks ago I checked for Playa Dorada and could not find it listed. While we were there (this Feb.)
it appeared to have people around it - maybe twice -- otherwise unoccupied. I'm thinking it's not on the rental market right now. There are very few rentals between Emeraude Plage and the runway. I can think of maybe four. I suggest you contact all the other rental agencies on the island: St. Barths Properties, Ici et La, Marla, Sibarth, etc. etc. Good luck

Thanks for the update Libby. Playa Dorada, Oxygen and SOL are gone. Les Islets de la Plage still there tho.

Keep in mind there is now a fence ... or two fences ... that divide the beach ... each side of the runway. Not quite the same - unfortunately.

Wimco Villa BDM

We stayed in Villa BDM about 5 or 6 years ago. About 50-100 feet off the beach, a little ways down from nikki beach and Eden Rock. Comfortable setup, with 2 master bedrooms in separate bungalows- kitchen, l room and smaller bedrooms in the main bungalow. We enjoyed it and would have stayed here again- but we never plan far enough in advance and it is booked. Wimco could provide more up to date info-

AdamZ

BDM is very nice and in back of Villa CAP but it's on the opposite side of ST Jean where the poster wants to stay

I found a Villa called Reverie on St. Jean beach by an agent called Marla Villas. When I did an internet search, came up with another Villa with the same name but on a different beach. Anyone know whats going on?

Links would help, but I'm guessing it's two different villas with the same name.

We've used Marla several times and they are very good to work with: efficient, responsive and most important (to us) a local, on island presence.

I found a Villa called Reverie on St. Jean beach by an agent called Marla Villas. When I did an internet search, came up with another Villa with the same name but on a different beach. Anyone know whats going on?
Reverie with Marla Villas is definitely on St. Jean Beach. Looks really nice and you can't beat the location if you want to be right in the middle of St. Jean. The is another villa on Flamands beach by the name of Beach Reverie also known as ELA on Wimco. If the price were the same I would take ELA but Reverie is about 6000 per week and ELA is about 5000 per night.