Cooper Island

JoshA

Senior Insider
Dawn revealed a quieter Willy T than last night.

IMG_8342.JPG

Morning shampoo hanging off the davits.

IMG_8343.JPG

Rainbow over the anchorage.

IMG_8349.JPG

We began a lusty sail up the Drake.

IMG_8370.JPG

After our first tack, we were surprised to see the Costa Fortuna still in port. I found out later that they had "technical difficulties" which apparently did not include running aground.

IMG_8379.JPG

We passed Salt Island where some divers were inspecting the Rhone.

IMG_8383.JPG

The next tack revealed that this boat tacks through something like 150 degrees. That's when we started motoring upwind. We dropped the sails which required a bit of persuasion to get the mainsail fully down.

IMG_8389.JPG

We prepared to pick up a mooring off Cooper.

IMG_8392.JPG

Everyone into the pool.

GOPR0570.JPG

This is the life.

GOPR0579.JPG

I swam ashore for a look.

GOPR0582.JPG

Cooper Island cocktail table.

GOPR0591.JPG

The pool mats are great.

GOPR0599.JPG

We went snorkeling off Cistern Rock.

GOPR0610.JPG

GOPR0612.JPG

GOPR0618.JPG

GOPR0623.JPG

GOPR0626.JPG

Relaxing on the tramp afterward.

GOPR0630.JPG

The Cooper Island Beach Club is a great place for dinner as we remembered from two years ago.

IMG_8408.JPG

Although we had a generator and air conditioning, we preferred the quieter tradewinds for comfort.

IMG_8414.JPG

We had happy hour on the front porch

IMG_8418.JPG

and watched the sunset from our cocktail table.

IMG_8423.JPG

We wanted to use our provisions before spoilage since our refrigerator was malfunctioning so we ate onboard that night.

IMG_8432.JPG

2015 version of The Adventures of Josh and Hellie. Huck and Tom who?

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I am living vicariously, trust me. I'm also trying to figure out how I can slip into my monitor and jump on that sailboat with you!

Thank you Rosemary, Amy, Missy, and Bart for all the appreciative comments. Looking out the window, I want to jump back into the sailboat as well.

Please do, and report on the Heineken and Swan Rolex events going on as we speak! St Maarten and Biras Creek!

Great reporting, Josh. Brings back lots of wonderful memories. Sailing in the BVI suspends time.

Rosemary, I have to find a way to get on a boat at those events. I can happily be railmeat. Also the Bucket and Voiles.

Julia, BVI is probably our favorite in the Caribbean. It just flows easily as does St Barts. Here's another image from Cistern Rock.

232323232-fp83232-uqcshlukaxroqdfv33----nu=474--7-6-;34-WSNRCG=35-849-;33346nu0mrj.jpg