Thread: London recommendatios

SBH Member Joined: Mar 2005 Connecticut Posts: 84

London recommendatios

I am planning a trip to London and this will be our first visit there. I am looking for some ideas for dining and convenient neighborhoods for hotels. We would prefer a small really nice hotel. Thanks in advance for any info!

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 51,671
    A small hotel that we love is near the Palace - Hotel 41 -- a real jewel for a short or long stay. We stayed there during the London Olympics and loved the cosy rooms, staff and the neighborhood.

http://www.41hotel.com/?gclid=CjwKEA...MT4hoCNBTw_wcB
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party -- June 5, 2023

SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2009 New York Posts: 2,006
    We stayed at the Berkeley last summer during Wimbledon and really enjoyed the hotel and neighborhood. Check out the Ottolenghi family of restaurants for dining.

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 51,671
    I like the Berkeley too :)
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party -- June 5, 2023

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2010 Philadelphia and Fire Island, NY Posts: 861
    We usually stay at the Hotel Russell, a grand old dame of a hotel in Bloomsbury just around the corner from the Russell Square Tube and within walking distance of the British Museum. We really like the neighborhood.
    LondonQM2 003.jpg
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." - Dorothy Parker

SBH Insider Joined: May 2004 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 3,272
    We had an amazing dinner at Gordon Ramsey's Maze. Scored a tour of the kitchen as well..so cool.

We stayed at the Intercontinental Park Lane, not a boutique but very nice modern hotel in a great location.

The Chelsea Physics Garden is phenomenal if your into gardening and a great place for tea on a fine day. Also don't miss the Borough Market. Go hungry!

SBH Member Joined: Mar 2005 Connecticut Posts: 84
    Thanks so much for all of your replies. I can do some Googling and look at a map for reference points. We are hoping to visit London for a few days and then take the Eurostar to Paris for a few more days. I love anticipating a vacation!