Honeymoon Hotel - Christopher, Guanihani, or Emeraude Plage, or Other?

tim

I have a friend who's planning a honeymoon on the island. Which hotel would you recommend? Budget is a factor.

I like the fact that you can get independent unattached bungalows...proximity to everything is good....looks like the bar/pool scene is making a comeback...sounds like food offerings are good now......and its not wicked expensive or cheap...somewhere in the middle

it was our go to place in the 80s and we loved it.....for all those reasons

I would want to see what a room looks like at the Manapany before I recommended it. Based on drive-bys it looks very bedraggled. I've stayed at both the C and the G and could recommend either. The G having a beach and water sports would push me the direction of GCdS.

( high maintenance ) people I know in this ski resort are yearly Manapany visitors....

knowing them the way I do I cant imagine they would put up with low class anything.....

but I havent seen a room in decades so i dont know firsthand..certainly worth checking out

I would feel the same way about the Emerude Plage -- what is it like inside these days? The forum has frequent stayers and visitors to the Christopher and the Guanahani and both have had recent facelifts, but we haven't seen any reports on rooms for the other two for quite a while.

Do they have to stay at hotel? Since price is a factor, it seems like they could do a lot better in a villa.

For instance, I just looked up the Christopher's cheapest room in the low season and it's 550 Euro a day! That ends up being just shy of 4,000 Euro (!) for a week.

They could get a great villa and a lot more privacy for that price.

Bart, that's an interesting suggestion, probably good for the budget as well. I'll pass it along.

Still I'd like to get opinions on hotels in case they're set on that type of lodging for their first trip to St. Barth. I haven't spend the night in a hotel there in 20 years, and that was the old St. Barth Beach hotel, since torn down.

I had friends staying at the EP 2 years ago and the rooms are top notch but expensive. Given that it's on St Jean that would be a great choice too.

Do you know how expensive are the rooms at Emeraude Plage? I think it's a great location.

Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 8.44.41 AM.jpg

We stayed at Emeraude Plage on our first trip 8 or 9 years ago and it was nice. I liked the outdoor kitchen. I think it would be quaint for a honeymoon.

marked by beauty or elegance

marked by skillful design

odd

pleasingly or strikingly old fashioned

I didn't appreciate the various meanings of the word "quaint " until I looked it up.

marked by beauty or elegance

marked by skillful design

odd

pleasingly or strikingly old fashioned

I didn't appreciate the various meanings of the word "quaint " until I looked it up.
I don't know about quaint or charming but the bungalow they rented at EP was top notch and the kitchen was inside.