• 6811819_G.jpg
  • 6811556_G.jpg
  • 6811557_G.jpg
  • 6811558_G.jpg
  • 6811559_G.jpg
  • 6811665_G.jpg
  • 6811666_G.jpg

[h=3]Boat crashes into Ruskin beach bar[/h]
Posted: Feb 23, 2015 5:10 PM ESTUpdated: Feb 23, 2015 6:08 PM ESTBy: FOX 13 Tampa Bay StaffCONNECT

[h=6][/h]​
Photo courtesy Russ Kyser
[h=6][/h]​

TAMPA (FOX 13) -Emergency crews are on the scene of a boat accident at a south Hillsborough waterfront bar.

One person is reportedly injured after the crash near the Sunset Grille, which is on Tampa Bay in Ruskin.

The view from SkyFOX shows a large boat apparently ran up the beach and into the building.

Crews are having a hard time reaching the victim because of structural damage to the building.

Destiny Drive is currently closedby Taboola

#1 WORST Exercise That Ages You Faster
MAX Workouts Fitness Guide

RUSKIN — As fog shrouded the coastline Monday, a 39-foot boat crashed into the shore in front of the Sunset Grille in Little Harbor, sliding across a broad beach and splintering part of the restaurant.
[h=2]RELATED NEWS/ARCHIVE[/h]

The collision happened around 5 p.m. There were minor injuries reported, a Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesman said. Seven people were on the boat and one was taken to the hospital.
The person driving the boat "just kept going straight and never turned,'' said witness Bob Schafer, 50, an ironworker visiting from Pennsylvania with his wife Jackie Schafer. The couple were fishing on the pier in front of the restaurant when they saw the boat approach. Then it disappeared in the fog and they could only hear the crash.
Jessica Haedrich, 12, described it as "something shattering, like plastic crunching."
She and her sister, Alyssa Haedrich, 15, had just arrived from Duluth, Minn., with their family and were walking through the parking lot, exploring. One minute, there was a blank wall of fog. The next, there was a boat mowing through the sand and slicing into the building.
The sisters ran onto the beach and saw kayaks smashed, chairs flipped. There were dark scrapes in the sand and a hole in the roof line where the boat's antennae had punched through.
The four-engine boat was traveling 40 to 50 mph, said Nacole Revette, a Hillsborough County Fire Rescue spokeswoman. She said firefighters shored the restaurant roof so they could remove the injured passenger safely. While authorities wrapped a perimeter of yellow tape around the restaurant, one boater drove the injured passenger to the hospital.
No alcohol was suspected. The fog appeared to be a major factor in the crash, said Baryl Martin, a Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesman. The boaters' names were not released. An investigation is ongoing, Martin said.
About an hour after the crash, the scene cleared. The fog grew heavier and darker around the shoreline, and the boat, named SeaVee, sat alone inside the restaurant, where it was expected to remain until Tuesday morning.

Just as a matter of curiousity...what possible benefit (other than bragging rights) do you gain w FOUR engines?

Two, I get. The ocean is the ocean and I wanna get home, too.

But 4?

And look what's on top of his roof......a radar antennae

100 bucks to a buck says he had no clues how to even turn it on never mind tune it in

Just as a matter of curiousity...what possible benefit (other than bragging rights) do you gain w FOUR engines?

Two, I get. The ocean is the ocean and I wanna get home, too.

But 4?

a fool and his money......let me put it in perspective here .....he has around 1400 hp on a lightweight center consol boat .....my boat is longer, wider and significantly heavier then that one ....I have two corvette engines delivering 700 HP and she will scream and haul ass if I need her too ( which I don't......ever ).......that's a ridiculous amount of power on that boat and the fuel consumption is probably insane

I ain't as experienced as some of you. But, I've been known to "huddle" the coast in deep fawg and lay in as "knowledgeable" doofusses went screamin' by while chattering on the radio about having a "clear drive by radar". Full throttle with bigarse engines. I have heard the big thump in the fog shortly afterwards. I'm still here.

My niece and her two little girls ate at that restaurant with their grandparents just two weeks ago. Strange happenings in Florida yesterday. We had a dead naked man with a gunshot wound wash up right in front of our condos in Jupiter yesterday. Cops on beach the whole day. Who knows if they will ever figure this one out!

The collision happened around 5 p.m. There were minor injuries reported, a Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesman said. Seven people were on the boat and one was taken to the hospital.
The person driving the boat "just kept going straight and never turned,'' said witness Bob Schafer, 50, an ironworker visiting from Pennsylvania with his wife Jackie Schafer. The couple were fishing on the pier in front of the restaurant when they saw the boat approach. Then it disappeared in the fog and they could only hear the crash.

Jessica Haedrich, 12, described it as "something shattering, like plastic crunching."
She and her sister, Alyssa Haedrich, 15, had just arrived from Duluth, Minn., with their family and were walking through the parking lot, exploring. One minute, there was a blank wall of fog. The next, there was a boat mowing through the sand and slicing into the building.
The sisters ran onto the beach and saw kayaks smashed, chairs flipped. There were dark scrapes in the sand and a hole in the roof line where the boat's antennae had punched through.
The four-engine boat was traveling 40 to 50 mph, said Nacole Revette, a Hillsborough County Fire Rescue spokeswoman. She said firefighters shored the restaurant roof so they could remove the injured passenger safely. While authorities wrapped a perimeter of yellow tape around the restaurant, one boater drove the injured passenger to the hospital.
No alcohol was suspected. The fog appeared to be a major factor in the crash, said Baryl Martin, a Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesman. The boaters' names were not released. An investigation is ongoing, Martin said.
About an hour after the crash, the scene cleared. The fog grew heavier and darker around the shoreline, and the boat, named SeaVee, sat alone inside the restaurant, where it was expected to remain until Tuesday morning.

50 miles per hour in the fog? Who needs alcohol?

I wonder if the driver suffered a heart attack/stroke or some such? Difficult to explain otherwise...